IT Help Desk Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join our growing team! This newly created position provides IT support by identifying issues, assisting with support requests, resolving technical issues, and continuing to build relationships with all companies. We have flexible schedules and an open and team-oriented work culture. The perfect candidate is someone who can adapt to our company's culture and exhibit our values of respect, trust, responsibility, transparency, and ethics.
Location: Anchorage, AK
FLSA Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a help desk environment
- Microsoft 365 Certification preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to pass a background and drug screening
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365, Skype for Business, and a web collaboration tool such as SharePoint
- Experience in Alaska Native Corporations preferred
Primary Duties include:
- Handle day to day help desk tickets
- Receives calls and emails from users and assists with resolving computer software and hardware issues
- Ascertains the nature of problem, determines whether problem is caused by hardware, such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone, formulates diagnosis, and assists users through problem solving steps
- Facilitate new equipment requests to obtain and set up accounts and workstations as requested
- Troubleshoot basic help desk inquiries to limit disruptions within the company
- Work with various departments and users to ensure that software is being used efficiently and in the most cost-effective way
- Manage mobile devices
- Manage the function and activity of SharePoint
- Performs incidental tasks related to the position as well as various duties, as assigned, to support the overall objectives/goals of the team while maintaining a positive attitude
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in an office setting. This position interfaces with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Gana-A'Yoo's business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
"Gana-A'Yoo" in Athabascan means "friends," or "friends together." Our team members are always willing to step up and help. Our company logo features clasped arm/hand as a symbol of agreement and support for each other as Gana-A'Yoo. This symbol of friends united or in agreement is reflected in our company culture, which encourages our team members to maintain our relationships with our clients as one of cooperation and diligence. We work as part of the team. We also strive to invoke a focus on customer service that encompasses every aspect of our performance.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his/her supervisor. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Gana-A'Yoo, Limited.
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a Gana-A'Yoo Shareholder hiring preference (PL-638). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity, marital or family status, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?