Senior Administrative Coordinator, Food Services
- $50,700 to $61,600 Weekly
Gana-A'Yoo Services Corporation, GSC, is renowned for excellence in delivery, performance and customer satisfaction with a focus on Food Service, Janitorial Services and Administrative Services. GSC supports the National Science Foundation managed United States Antarctic Program as part of the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) and we are currently seeking a Senior Administrative Coordinator at McMurdo Station.
As an Administrative Coordinator, Sr. (Food Services) you are responsible for providing administrative support to McMurdo Food Services. Performs administrative assistant functions; maintains Departmental files and correspondence, departmental POC for Personnel and Document control; handles confidential materials. Acquires and maintains a thorough and current knowledge of applicable ASC policies and procedures. Tasking is approximately 60% administrative and 40% project oriented.
POSITION: Administrative Coordinator, Sr. Food Services
SEASON: Austral Summer
LOCATION: McMurdo Station, Antarctica
SECTOR/DEPT: Gana-A'Yoo Services Corporation (GSC) - Antarctica
WAGE: $810-$903 per week
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces with personnel from the National Science Foundation, Grantees, NSFA, ASC employees, subcontractors, and other USAP participants by telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for providing general administrative support to Headquarters staff, Area Management and Infrastructure and Operations Division personnel as required.
- Assists in preparation of SOP/QA documentation, timecards and other reports as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the Safety database for the Food Services.
- Functions as the personnel point of contact (POC) for Food Services. Interacts with other divisions on personnel matters in an accurate, helpful, and timely manner.
- Maintains Food Services Personnel Roster and assists in the hiring process as requested. Follows up on personnel hired.
- Coordinates paperwork for Food Services from all departments. Provides advice, information, and training to employees as required.
- Collects, files and distributes Departmental incoming and outgoing correspondence, routing the same to internal/other division/branch personnel for action as appropriate.
- Document point of contact for Food Services. Maintains and controls files and manuals for policies/procedures and reports.
- Responsible maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- Adequately and honestly tracks all data related to metrics.
- Familiar with hazardous waste regulations and shipping requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSING REQUIRMENTS:
- Current ServSafe Food Handler certificate must be obtained prior to deployment to Antarctica.
- Valid driver's license
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Minimum three years of office administrative career experience.
- Basic computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets and databases required.
- Previous work with Station Services in Antarctica may be accepted in lieu of minimum experience.
- US citizenship or permanent residency required.
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited (GYL), an Alaska Native Corporation, offers services with ongoing contracts in many facility types, such as, military training facilities, emergency management centers and temporary field sites. GYL in partnership with ESS Support Services, a Division of Compass Group, will provide operational management support. ESS Support Services is the market leader in providing remote camp and catering services to clients, wherever their location, no matter how extreme the environment may be. Services extend across North America and include such diverse facilities as drilling, mining, construction, pipeline and logging camps, offshore, governmental agencies and others. Payroll and benefits are supported by Compass Group.
We are committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers.
If you require assistance in the application process, please contact us at:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status. EEO is the Law poster.
Gana-A'Yoo, Limited - Antarctic ProgramEnglewood, CO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.