IT Desktop Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Desktop Support Technician's role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via work order) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer, and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, email, and/or work orders regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connection, i.e., network jacks are in proper working order.
- When necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Perform basic administrative tasks in Microsoft 365 and Exchange.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Must be 21 or over
- Valid driver's license with clean DMV driving record
- Must be able to obtain a Nevada Gaming Sheriffs card
- Must be able to work any schedule as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent with 1- 2-year work related experience
- Industry recognized IT Certification preferred but not required - i.e., CompTIA A+, MCP, MCITP
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Office, MS365, and Exchange.
- Participates in company health and safety programs and complies with all company OSHA policies and procedures.
- Follows all lawful employer safety and health rules.
- Wears and / or uses Personal Protective Equipment when entering designated areas.
- Report hazardous conditions to management.
- Report any job-related injury or illness to management and seeks treatment promptly.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Assigned duties are accomplished within an office environment, warehouse, and in various casinos where walking, sitting, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, talking, hearing and good vision is required. May be required to lift up to 40 lbs.
Gaming Arts; LLC. Reserves the right to make changes to this job description as necessary.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities other than those stated above.
Gaming Arts; LLC. Encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Gaming Arts