Remote Volunteer Narrative Designer No Compensation
Games For Love Lynnwood, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Games for Love is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that works to ease suffering, save lives, and create sustainable futures for children. We believe in the concept of "distraction therapy" and bring the joy of gaming into the lives of our junior gamers in hospitals around the country. We plan to help 10 million kids in the next 5 years. We have a healthy ecosystem to achieve that goal with your intelligent contribution.
We are seeking a volunteer Narrative Designer to join our Baklava team. Baklava is a couch co-op beat ‘em up game where a tribe of dinos was protecting a powerful gem that plugged the hole of a mini volcano, the gem that plugged the hole cracked causing the volcano to begin to go active and erupt making it a planet-sized volcano fighting through volcanic monsters to save the volcanic planet. Fight your way through endless minions of the volcano to recover the gem and plug the hole, while behind you, slowly trailing is molten lava threatening to scorch the earth in its wake.
You will be responsible for crafting the game's story, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of missions, building story arcs, contributing to building the player's emotional journey.
- Collaborate closely with the team to weave narrative and gameplay together to create a story-based game greater than the sum of its parts.
- Bring the game setting and characters to life through world-building and dialogue.
- Work with gameplay developers to ensure they are in sync with narrative goals.
- Attend a weekly update meeting (if possible).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Able to donate approx. 5 hrs. a week
- Please provide your narrative portfolio for review
- At least 2 years of general narrative writing experience
- Preferably at least 1 year of narrative design for games
- Familiarity with Unity's localization handling to contribute strings in a manner that lays the groundwork for future string translation is a plus! *Translation itself is not a part of this role)
- You want to be part of something great that positively impacts society especially in times of crisis
- You are proactive to collaborate remotely
- Work from anywhere on earth - 100% remote
- Massive networking opportunities with 500+ members of our community
- Level up your skills
- OPT & CPT programs
- Make a big impact in the world
- Have lots of fun partnering with passionate game developers
- Join the mastermind group and learn from top game developers
- Volunteer recognition & awards
Games for Love is an equal opportunity organization. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation depends on your experience.
About Games For Love: Games For Love is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to easing suffering, saving lives, and creating sustainable futures for children. Learn more about us at www.gamesforlove.org.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
Games For Love
16824 44th Ave W Suite 130Lynnwood, WA
Non ProfitView all jobs at Games For Love