Come work for GameTruck - the largest mobile video game party company in the nation! We are hiring GameCoaches to run our events, offering flexible hours, performance incentives, and a fun-filled work place. GameTruck delivers excitement through birthday parties and special events for all ages. At GameTruck we believe when people play together bonds are formed and communities connect. We strive to help people find happiness in an industry we are passionate about so we're always looking for sharp and excited potential people who can find their success with us. When you join the GameTruck team, you join a national company with a history of success and a commitment to the personal growth of our employees.
The GameCoach position is a flexible, part-time role, with working hours taking place primarily on weekends. Work generally takes place within 50 miles of Ellicott City, MD. You will be managing events, interacting with customers and their guests to ensure maximum fun and excitement. A large amount of our events are birthday parties, so part of your job involves making the VIP’s day extra special. As the face of GameTruck, you deliver excitement!
This is a part-time position with hours ranging from 20 to 30 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will facilitate video game events, interact with guests (mostly kids), and maintain the game theater appearance inside and out. You’ll provide exciting experiences for guests, engage with the attendees, and maintain the professional image our customers expect from GameTruck.
- A standard work day will involve arriving at the equipment depot, inspecting and checking out your equipment, driving it to the events following a pre-planned route, running events and managing equipment, then returning to the depot for inspection and check-in.
- You are the party expert! You will report to the location manager who oversees scheduling and equipment maintenance. Your interactions will be with our customers and their guests and is one of the most important parts of our daily operation. The experience you deliver will be talked about long after you leave, so a lasting positive impression is a must.
Qualifications and Skills
Great GameCoach candidates have the following qualities…
- 7+ years of driving experience
- Enjoy working with kids and have an outgoing personality
- Can work weekends and evenings on a flexible schedule
- Are able to manage chaotic situations will calm enthusiasm
- Have general knowledge of video gaming, consoles, and audio/video equipment
- Able to meet deadlines, be punctual, and maintain a professional image
- Will pass a background check, drug test, and have a clean driving record
- While a CDL is not required, ability to drive a truck that pulls a 30’ trailer is a huge plus!
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to hourly pay, many customers tip their GameCoach which can increase your hourly pay over $20 per hour!
- We offer an incentive program that rewards stellar event performance and meticulous equipment maintenance in the form of quarterly bonuses.
- The work environment is casual and focused on fun – we run video game events after all!
GameTruck Howard County