Join our casino game development studio based in Escondido, CA near San Diego as a Creative / Graphical Designer
- Bachelor’s, Associates Degree or Certification in Art or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years professional experience creating high-quality art assets for videogames, prepress, television, film or casino gaming applications. Land-based / online slot gaming or mobile / casual gaming experience highly preferred.
- Professional portfolio demonstrating a high level of skill in creating polished graphic designs, art assets and illustrations in a variety of styles and genres.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite applications, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Core competency with a 3D modeling / rendering package and/or animation experience with After Effects / Spine a plus.
- Technical proficiency in processing all types and sizes of graphical assets according to specific requirements with a demonstrated comfort level utilizing a large variety of tools, utilities, techniques and procedures.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions. Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Should posses the ability to create art according to a defined narrative – to tell a story visually.
Support game development team in creation of high-quality art assets for mobile video slot applications.
- Must be creative and responsive – able to create concepts on the fly!
- Work directly with Game Design Lead to translate artistic and technical design goals from sketch to final product.
- Produce consistently high-quality, polished raster and vector backgrounds, symbols, logos and typographical layouts in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop as defined by game design functional requirements.
- Design appealing and engaging characters in styles inclusive of cartoony, stylized, illustrated and realistic. Provide professional level of touch-up and modification of branded source assets as needed.
- Process art assets through multiple formats, languages, sizes and compression schemas. Quickly and efficiently transition graphical assets into a variety of game and print-ready formats.
- Create supporting visual effect graphics, storyboards and 3D assets as needed.
- Be capable of creating marketing assets inclusive of print layouts, social media advertising and icons.
In addition, a Creative / Graphic Designer must:
- Participate actively with product development team to help visualize and develop game designs.
- Demonstrate exceptional ability to adopt new tools, techniques and procedures as well as execute high-quality work in a variety of styles and genres.
- Work within and around application limitations to deliver game-ready graphics and contribute to technical and artistic problem-solving sessions.
- Accurately estimate the time required to complete tasks, manage time effectively and meet all project deadlines while delivering consistently high-quality graphical assets.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Proactively maintain communication with off-site partners and contribute ideas organization-wide for improving processes and automating redundant tasks.Work directly with Technical and QA staff to ensure accurate, bug-free implementation of all assets.
All applications must be accompanied by portfolio images or website portfolio link. Applicants should expect to take a skills test as part of the interview process.
- All benefits begin and are vested immediately.
- Health care coverage
- Company H.S.A. contribution
- 4% 401k match
- Eligible for 25% bonus paid quarterly
- Food on site