Join our Animal Services team! Are you ready for the challenge?
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Rescue/Foster Coordinator!
The right candidate will be responsible for carrying out tasks and duties that are related to rescue groups, fosters and animal networking.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $14.97
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· Experience with animal training and or advanced animal handling in an animal shelter preferred
· 1+ years of experience with veterinary medicine
· Knowledge in basic animal care and identifying domestic animal breeds, animal behavior, proper housing, common health problems and safe animal handling (i.e. neonatal kittens)
· Knowledge of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Must have satisfactory DMV/MVR background check
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office, including creating documents
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Maintain rescue group database and communication/correspondence
· Maintain foster home database and communication/correspondence
· Manage the Animal Resource Center’s (ARC) Facebook page by posting available animals, ARC needs/wants, respond to comments/messages
· Coordinate rescue and foster outreach activities
· Develop and implement strategies to recruit and retain rescues and fosters
· Give specific information about animals
· Explain rescue/foster processes
· Implant microchips properly and safely to both ARC animals and owned animals from citizens
· Develop and execute ideas and plans to promote live release, network animals, promote awareness of the ARC, and pursue public education opportunities
· Attend and assist with planning off-site events to promote the ARC and the ARC animals
· Cross-trains with administrative staff
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit http://www.gchd.org/about-us/career-opportunities and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Galveston County Health District
Why Work Here?The Galveston County Health District (GCHD), formed under Chapter 121 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, is the local health district of Galveston County, Texas, and provides various public health services to the county and its thirteen member cities. The primary mission of GCHD services entails assuring the conditions in which people can be healthy. Examples of such public health services rendered by GCHD and funded through the state, county and incorporated cities include maintenance of the countys vital statistic records, issuing food and environmental permits, oversight of the countys largest animal services facility, and the administration of community health nursing services. Additionally public health services funded by state and federal grants include the provision of immunizations and WIC, as well as monitoring local TB, STD and HIV patterns, and facilitating public health preparedness activities. Furthermore, GCHD oversees operations of the countys largest EMS entity the Galveston Area Ambulance Authority.
Awesome CEO, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!