The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Galvanize Therapeutics may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Galvanize Therapeutics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Galvanize Therapeutics, Inc.San Carlos, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.