We are adding to our Quality team in Garland, TX for the 1st shift (6:30 - 3:00). Must be available to work overtime during week and on Saturdays. This role will be entry/mid level position in the operation of Quality Inspection of semi-finished and finished components according to FDA and or ISO 13485 requirements.
This position requires you to stand on your feet for long periods of time. Ability to work overtime each day plus Saturdays. No relocation reimbursement.
The incumbent in this role will be expected to successfully:
- Know and understand all QC’s, OP’s and engineering drawings related to the department and position.
- Know, understand and enforce all Galt Medical standards concerning Quality and Safety.
- Use complex measuring and inspection devices.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and manufacturing standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
- Exercise good judgment and decision making skills.
- Basic computer literacy (i.e., Windows office).
- Adhere to GMP Procedures.
Personal Competencies should include:
- Experience with Quality methodologies.
- Attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or up to 2 years’ experience related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to speak and write English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to understand AQL sampling plan.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Benefits and Perks
Galt Medical offers competitive plans for health care, dental, company paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) with match.
Theragenics is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
We take affirmative action to assure that all employment decisions are based on individual merit, qualifications and capabilities as well as valid job requirements, and that equal employment opportunities are provided with regard to all personnel actions.