A leading floor-covering distributor needs an experienced, positive, resourceful and pro-active Class C Driver. The pace is fast and exciting and the environment is upbeat, professional and very friendly.
Position Summary: Responsible for loading and delivering material from Galleher to commercial/residential customers in a prompt, safe, business like and friendly manner. Top priority should be given to taking care of customer’s needs while maintaining all company directives for the safe and efficient operation of the truck.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drivers must provide outstanding and consistent customer service while delivering our products to customers.
- Need to know or develop an understanding of our products and inventory.
- Pre-trip vehicle inspections
- Check and secure loads prior to leaving and after each delivery
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warehouse help when they return
- Must have excellent customer service skills/satisfaction.
- One to three years previous experience driving a local delivery truck in a service oriented position.
- Drivers must be 21 years of age.
- Ability to communicate effectively with warehouse employees and all other associates.
- Understand applicable DOT, OSHA, state and federal laws.
- Hard worker who is goal oriented and has a habit of finishing assigned tasks with little or no supervision.
- Must be results oriented.
- Needs strong follow through capabilities
Education and or Years Experience:
- One to three years experience as a delivery driver for a similar operation High School graduation or GED equivalency
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid class B Driver License is required for this position with a good driving record.
- Must DOL Medical Card and other required endorsements up to date
- Experienced forklift operator
The company offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.