Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The VRC Facilities Safety Specialist works under the direction of the Facilities Manager, and ensures that the work environment is well-maintained, clean and adheres to health and safety regulations.
Focuses on the safety and protection of personnel and guests at Resource Center. The Safety Specialist patrols the premises to ensure the property is safe. Specialist must welcome and register all the guests that want to gain access to certain areas of the facility. The same goes for vehicles that want to enter the facility or area that Specialist has to patrol.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the work environment is well-maintained, clean and adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Oversees multiple locations, resolves facility and building maintenance issues.
- Maintains and adjust the building's heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- May direct Facilities Assistants and resolve any queries from staff relating to facility maintenance and the work environment.
- Completes daily and weekly office health and safety checks identifying and removing any risks and hazards.
- Greets all patrons entering the building and assists with opening door for patrons and associates.
- Advises front desk Coordinators and/or Lead Coordinator when you depart/return to/from welcome desk.
- Hourly patrols to inspect the premises, equipment, buildings, access areas including garage and parking lot perimeters: in between parking stalls and staff cars looking out for trespassers or articles left behind (any illegal drugs/substances found must be reported to IT).
- Reports unusual activities and suspicious behavior.
- Keeps a log with details worth mentioning.
- Observes things and people around the areas of surveillance and near access points.
- Knows how to perform first aid techniques.
- Completes reports in accordance with Company's requirements and guidelines.
- Acts in accordance with the laws of California.
- Handles video cameras, surveillance equipment, and alarm systems in an efficient way.
- Monitors temperatures in Founders room, kitchen and movement room.
- Always makes sure the environment is safe and secure.
- At end of shift, confirms all doors are closed to 2nd floor training room, MyoMetrix room, and movement room and reports to Director, VRC Operations that all areas are secure and no unusual cars remain in parking lot.
- Participates in the development and implementation of company wide safety programs (fire protection, earthquake preparedness etc.), tracking and reporting.
- Conducts routine and follow-up safety drills.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- High school diploma and 3 years related experience required.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Corporate and General Services
Organization: GBS - Western Region
Title: VRC Facilities Safety Specialist
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 58995