Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing art and copy layouts for presentations, brochures, newsletters, ads, and copy and other visual communications collateral.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with client or supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions of client or supervisor.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and create sample layouts.
- Selects, supervises, and obtains cost estimates from outside vendors such as photographers, illustrators, paper suppliers, or printers.
- Presents samples to supervisor or client for selection and approval.
- Creates finished layout or prepares instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts.
- Reviews final layout and suggests improvements as needed, and presents final layout to supervisor or client for approval.
- Associate's Degree
- Minimum 3 or more years related work experience.
- Knowledge of current graphic design equipment, tools and techniques.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Job: Corporate Communications
Organization: GBS - Operations
Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Illinois-Rolling Meadows
Requisition ID: 55802