Galena Autism and Behavioral Services Doylestown, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 settings utilizing ABA principles.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training and communication regarding client progress.
- Utilize safe and appropriate handling procedures when working with clients.
- Maintain client confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Assist Behavioral Staff with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments.
- Assist Behavioral Staff in preparing client materials as instructed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, and behavioral staff.
This job description describes essential job functions, but does not provide an exhaustive list of duties that may be assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to organizational policies and procedures and abide by code of ethics as indicated by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
- Ability to interpret and implement clinical protocols.
- Must maintain a professional appearance with regard to clothing, grooming, hair, and make-up.
BASIC & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting in chair and on floor, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to utilize quick body movements in the course of working with children with challenging behaviors to ensure staff and client safety.
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection.
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job location. Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel between different job sites within the GABS service area (Bucks & Montgomery counties).
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License & insurance in good standing.
- Required: Some experience working with children ages 0-16.
- Preferred: Experience working with children ages 0-16 in a classroom or 1:1 setting; experience implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Required: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education, or related field.
- Preferred: Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) in addition to Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining all required certifications and trainings once employed including, but not limited to: CPR, Fingerprinting & Background Checks, RBT trainings and other company in-services and trainings.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH GABS:
- Full Time, Part Time, and Fee-For-Service positions available.
- Competitive compensation based upon experience and opportunities for pay increases based upon performance. Full Time eligible for Paid Time Off.
- Paid Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) training and credentialing.
- Opportunities for Free BCBA supervision.
- Flexible work schedule.
To learn more about the Behavioral Technician (ABA Therapist) position & how to join The GABS team, visit our website at gabsautism.com/careers. This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Galena Autism and Behavioral Services
Galena Autism & Behavioral Services LLC (GABS) specializes in ABA therapy and is an in-network provider with most major insurance companies. We provide treatment for children with Autism and other developmental needs in the home, school, and clinic-based settings. At GABS, we are excitedly pursing a Scheduling Coordinator to join our mission of bringing hope and peace into the lives of the families we serve. Come join the GABS team!
4877 W Swamp RoadDoylestown, PA
HealthcareView all jobs at Galena Autism and Behavioral Services