Galen HealthCare Solutions Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Galen is an award-winning healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise. We have partnered with specialty practices, hospitals, health information exchanges, health systems and integrated delivery networks to provide high-quality, expert level IT consulting services & solutions including strategy, data archiving, data migration, optimization, project management, and interoperability. Our Technical and Professional Services groups are ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s Top Overall IT Services Firm award. But Galen is more than an IT company. We are a team of talented individuals who build meaningful relationships and produce exceptional results. That’s why Galen has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 9 years.
A Galeneer, first and foremost, is a talented individual who wants to build meaningful professional relationships and produce exceptional results. A Galeneer works both independently and collectively with clients and teammates, openly sharing knowledge and welcoming feedback. A Galeneer works hard and is recognized and rewarded for success. A Galeneer is honest, takes responsibility, and understands that the work that Galen does requires confidentiality and a strong character. A Galeneer is a positive and supportive team member who has fun at work. Are you a Galeneer?
- Work independently and as part of a team implementing application rationalization and application portfolio management for large healthcare delivery organizations
- Collect data on each of an organization’s systems to determine total cost of ownership, value, security risk, data retention requirements etc.
- Determine appropriate action for each system (upgrade, maintain, cloud migration, data migration, archive, cold storage, decommission etc.)
- Architecture/Infrastructure maintenance cost analysis and recommendations
- Basic security review to identify and rank systems based on security risk
- Review technical support strategies, integrations, virtualization, and storage
- Assess data architecture and identify risks and gaps
- Experience with large healthcare systems
- Three to 5 years related experience plus excellent critical and analytical thinking and customer service skills
- Advanced IT infrastructure design skills
- Solid understanding of multiple disciplines such as operating systems, virtualization, networking, integration, software development, endpoint devices, security, or cloud services
- Ability to identify and define gaps and risks in systems configuration
- Ability to navigate application owners and vendors for data gathering efforts
- Strategist with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience implementing Application Rationalization/Application Portfolio Management, preferably in a healthcare context
- Must be a U.S. Resident or currently able to legally work in the U.S.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Galen Benefit Highlights:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) with employer match, paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual company trip
Galen has offices in Burlington, VT, Chicago, IL and Boston, MA. This position could report to one of those offices or be remote.
Galen HealthCare Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Galen HealthCare Solutions