Cloud Security Analyst
Galen HealthCare Solutions Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Galen is an award-winning healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise. We have partnered with specialty practices, hospitals, health information exchanges, health systems and integrated delivery networks to provide high-quality, expert level IT consulting services & solutions including strategy, data archiving, data migration, optimization, project management, and interoperability. Our Technical and Professional Services groups are ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s Top Overall IT Services Firm award. But Galen is more than an IT company. We are a team of talented individuals who build meaningful relationships and produce exceptional results. That’s why Galen has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 9 years.
A Galeneer, first and foremost, is a talented individual who wants to build meaningful professional relationships and produce exceptional results. A Galeneer works both independently and collectively with clients and teammates, openly sharing knowledge and welcoming feedback. A Galeneer works hard and is recognized and rewarded for success. A Galeneer is honest, takes responsibility, and understands that the work that Galen does requires confidentiality and a strong character. A Galeneer is a positive and supportive team member who has fun at work. Are you a Galeneer?
Galen is seeking a Cloud Security Analyst to work with teams across the company to identify and make recommendations on information risk, control optimization and operational security monitoring. The ideal candidate is familiar with SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) Architecture, Cloud and Virtualization, Security, Support and Operations. This technical role requires prior experience with public cloud provider security configuration and monitoring. We look for folks who are detail oriented and passionate about information security and the cloud.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and assessing potential security threats using on-prem and cloud based tooling
- Advise on tooling/system adoption to strengthen Galen’s security posture
- Document systems, processes and controls using narratives
- Assess the effectiveness of internal controls over key IT risk
- Identify and recommend business process changes resulting in strengthened internal controls
- Collaborate with control owners to implement process changes and track to completion
- Advise and collaborate on projects by providing IT controls expertise and considerations
- Apply knowledge and expertise to compliance design challenges
- Assess readiness of product/service for certification and/or audit
- Guide control owners in establishing operational processes and controls for SaaS solutions operating in a cloud provider
- 3+ years of experience in security or compliance, performing and/or participating in technical assessments of complex IT environments
- Experience in performing technical security assessments within cloud environments
- Experience with cloud security and working with cloud providers, especially Microsoft Azure
- Experience with networking in both on-prem and cloud environments
- Understanding of Information Security frameworks and best practices (e.g.: NIST CSF, HITRUST CSF)
- Experience with SEIM tools such as Azure Sentinel
- Experience with security assessment tooling, such as Azure Security Center
- A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Experience in IT controls assessments based on HITRUST CSF
- Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell and ideally the Azure Command Shell.
GALEN BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual company trip
We have offices in Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, and Burlington, VT. This position may report to one of those offices or work remotely.
Galen HealthCare Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Galen HealthCare Solutions