Associate Technical Data Archival Consultant
Galen HealthCare Solutions Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Galen is an award-winning healthcare IT technical & professional services and solutions company providing highly-skilled, cross-platform expertise. We have partnered with specialty practices, hospitals, health information exchanges, health systems and integrated delivery networks to provide high-quality, expert level IT consulting services & solutions including strategy, data archiving, data migration, optimization, project management, and interoperability. Our Technical and Professional Services groups are ranked #1 in KLAS by our clients, including winning 2021’s Top Overall IT Services Firm award. But Galen is more than an IT company. We are a team of talented individuals who build meaningful relationships and produce exceptional results. That’s why Galen has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 9 years.
A Galeneer, first and foremost, is a talented individual who wants to build meaningful professional relationships and produce exceptional results. A Galeneer works both independently and collectively with clients and teammates, openly sharing knowledge and welcoming feedback. A Galeneer works hard and is recognized and rewarded for success. A Galeneer is honest, takes responsibility, and understands that the work that Galen does requires confidentiality and a strong character. A Galeneer is a positive and supportive team member who has fun at work. Are you a Galeneer?
- Perform discovery and analysis on new and existing legacy systems to understand the relationships and logic necessary to extract data for archival
- Work with client stakeholders to understand legacy application workflows and requirements
- Develop and execute data extractions from various EHR, Patient Accounting, and ERP systems
- Transform and load data to our Azure-hosted data archival platform for long term record retention
- Collaborate with our ETL and archival software engineers to develop processes for handling various data formats
- Provide quality assurance on data archival work, verifying data integrity and data cleanliness
- Manage multiple projects, across a wide array of clients
- Work and manage support tickets independently
- Establish strong relationships with co-workers and clients
- Provide exemplary customer service by understanding and resolving issues quickly
- Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve current processes
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to solve challenging technical problems
- Self-starter who wants to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Basic knowledge of SQL query language
- Familiarity and working knowledge of patient clinical EHR’s, patient financial systems and non-patient systems such as HR/Payroll, Materials Management, General Ledger, Accounts Payable systems, is a plus
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, or related field
- Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401k with 100% Match up to 4% of salary
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual technology stipend
Galen has offices in Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, and Burlington, VT. The position could report to any of these offices.
Galen HealthCare Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Galen HealthCare Solutions