Business Development Manager (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Business Development Manager
Vice President, Sales & Trade Marketing
Charlotte NC (Hybrid – Requires 3 days in office)
GALE Pacific manufactures and distributes outdoor performance fabrics that are sold and marketed as Coolaroo branded shade products into retail channels and GALE Pacific bulk rolls into the industrial shade market. The Company is recognized as a world leader, having pioneered the market over 50 years ago, with continued leadership across several product categories. The retail and commercial businesses continue to experience double digit growth and the Company is projecting to double in size over the next three to five years.
Within the US operation, GALE PACIFIC’S business exists in two main channels. The first channel (Commercial) services industrial markets for bulk fabrics and related accessories that are sold direct to fabricators or through industrial fabric distributors. These products are then fabricated into light weight tension structures as well as other shade and screen products for a variety of end users including Federal government, car manufacturers, garden centers, parks and recreation, educational and health service institutions, car wash operators and hospitality. This channel accounts for around 10% of sales.
The second channel services retail markets for Coolaroo branded shade products including outdoor roller shades, shade sails, shade fabrics, umbrellas, gazebos & pet products. These products are sold to consumers through retail channels including DIY, warehouse clubs, mass and internet retailers. This channel accounts for around 90% of sales and will be the focus of the Business Development Manager role.
GALE PACIFIC is committed to quality, innovation and pioneering new products. They have multiple manufacturing facilities in the United States, China and Australia. Products are distributed globally with offices in the United States, Australia, China & the United Arab Emirates. The Company owns and operates its own ISO accredited plants in China and Australia. They are committed to delivering innovative, high-quality products that exceed consumer demands for design & performance. They are a partner of choice for major retailers to grow their categories
The Business Development Manager is a newly established role at GALE Pacific, responsible for initiating sales programs and exceeding targets across key customers/channels, including but not limited to: Walmart, Pet Channel, Target, Meijer, Farm & Ag, and Canadian Tire.
The Business Development Manager should be a self starter, owner of the business, with a customer focused mentality, that delivers company sales objectives, profitability goals, and efficiencies in the assigned national accounts.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for developing long lasting and amicable relationships with key stakeholders including merchants, inventory planners, marketers, logistics, operations, and IT staff. The incumbent is expected to possess a deep understanding of account processes and systems (i.e. their approach to business) and tailor GALE’s business processes to effectively and efficiently interact with these stakeholders at all levels of the relationship. This includes, among other things, detailed sales reporting, insight generation, new item listings, sales forecasting, inventory fulfilment, merchandising support and all daily maintenance processes.
Further, the Business Development Manager will:
- Drive profitable sales strategies and execution across all categories for the assigned accounts/channels based on strategic priorities as aligned to with the V.P. of Sales.
- Identify ‘what’s needed to win’ across the accounts, motivating internal resources to secure new business opportunities and projects.
- Manage key opportunities and critical path timelines with the Trade and Brand Marketing teams to ensure flawless and timely execution
- Provide consistent and accurate communication cross-functionally to alert the business to changes or opportunities with each Customer
- Adhere to all financial guidelines in the operating budget and field sales plans
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
- Proven track record of achieving and surpassing sales and margin objectives, via new customer and new category penetration
- Self-starter, motivated and possesses a “will get it done” attitude, while being respectful and collaborative
- Strong, persuasive presentation skills, with a track record of influencing Senior Leadership at customers and internally
- Track record of leading Product Line Reviews, that resulted in significant wins and/or drove category growth
- Analytical, detailed oriented mindset, leveraging data (ie POS, trends) to influence decisions and strategic direction
- Oversees multiple tasks / priorities, with the ability to quickly prioritize
- Align monthly sales forecasts with the Account for review with GALE Pacific internal teams
- Knowledge of Supplier portals within Customers. Ex. Walmart Retail Link & 360 and Target platforms
- Ability to negotiate Rebates, SBA’s, Price Increases and Fines
- Total travel 20-30%
- Customer Meetings and Events
- Customer Trade Shows
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or another related field
- Experience across durable/outdoor/seasonal categories (nice to have Pet)
- 5+ yrs Retail, Mass, and/or Big Box National Account selling experience in the US (nice to have Canada)
Gale Pacific USA, Inc
Get fresh Vice President Trader jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.