Gale Healthcare's client is searching for a permanent, full time pediatric primary care RN in Pierre, SD
General hours of work: Monday - Friday, days, full time. No holiday hours required. Minimum one year of experience.
1. Performs general nursing care of patients including administration of medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards and coordinates patient care activities for the clinic. Performs RN job functions including IV therapy, and other activities as permitted by RN scope of practice.
2. Performs nursing assessment and evaluation of patients and documents information. Provides continuity of care through verbal and written communication. Observes, records and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to provider 3. Prepares equipment and assists provider during procedures, treatments examinations, and testing. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies, medications and cleanliness.
4. Oversees appointment booking and maintains timely flow of patient appointments. Manages self, patient and staff during emergency situations.
5. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Documents accurately in the electronic medical record utilizing physician templates. Appropriately documents patient encounters and telephone advice in electronic medical record.
6. Obtains pre-authorizations as needed for patients. Makes appropriate referrals to other providers per provider instructions
7. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls and faxes.
8. Educates patient and family regarding diagnostic process, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness. Instructs patient and family regarding tests, medication and treatments.
9. Reports test results to patients per provider instructions.
10. Refills prescriptions per established protocol. Facilitates logging sample medication according to policy.
11. Delegates appropriately to assistant personnel.
12. Suggests process improvements, assists with orientation of new employees.
• May be exposed to communicable diseases when working in a health care environment.
• The organization is a latex safe environment but exposure to latex may occur. • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to sharps or cuts.
• The employee is occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and compression .
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The individual must be able to work the hours specified above. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, so long as the accommodations do not cause undue hardship to the employer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: • Graduate from a CCNE or NLN accredited nursing program is strongly preferred. Graduate from an approved nursing program is acceptable. • Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS: • Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
Gale allows healthcare professionals to work when they want and health care providers to get the staff they need. Patient care is supplied by a credentialed pipeline of health care professionals, where scheduling is managed in real-time and open shifts can be filled in seconds - all at the click of a button. (All Gale health professionals are licensed, credentialed and accepted through the Gale interview process. Gale respects TJC accredited standards and state requirements).
Often called the “Uber of healthcare”, Gale continues to enjoy exponential growth, providing acute, long term and hospice care services from coast to coast. With a surplus of health professionals currently on staff, Gale heath care providers do not have to work short-staffed or under serviced again.
Gale is led by a team of professionals with more than 45 years of healthcare staffing experience. This experience combined with Talent Acquisition expertise from Fortune 500 companies and the innovative Gale technology allows us to meet health care staffing needs in a fast, efficient, and cost-effective manner.