We have an immediate need for a Registered Nurse professionals who exhibit excellence in everything they do and are passionate about nourishing the wellness and dignity of older adults in their community. We can only be there for seniors through a team of talented, dedicated, and caring professionals.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Program Director, the Registered Nurse assesses participant health problems and needs, develops and implements a nursing care plan and maintains participant charts. Provides skilled nursing services to participants and instruction in health education to participants and families. Administers nursing care to participants. Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs initial and continuing assessment of the participants and develops a written care plan. Determines participants’ needs for personal care, assistance in activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming, toileting and eating. Maintains client care plans.
2. Re-assesses and updates care plans every six months on all participants.
3. Administers medication to participants.
4. Supervises personal care given by Program Aides and CNA's to the participants.
5. Maintains participants' health records, which includes documentation of all skilled nursing care provided on the day the service is given.
6. Completes and signs quarterly progress notes indicating participants’ progress towards achieving health goals.
7. Notifies the physician of any marked changes in participants' condition.
8. Accepts telephone orders from participants’ personal physician. Obtains written orders and documents in chart.
9. Provides supportive and restorative nursing as indicated by the treatment plan.
10. Maintains medical supplies and participant medications according to regulations and center procedures.
11. In consultation with the Program Director, establishes and monitors standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety in the Center.
12. Provides emergency nursing care, including arrangements for transportation.
13. Assists with referral screening process. Reviews required documentation for potential program participants.
14. Supervises Licensed Vocational Nurse and nursing students.
15. Maintains regular consultation with dietitian.
16. Monitors therapy activities and maintains regular consultation with Physical and Occupational Therapists.
17. Member of the Multidisciplinary Assessment Team.
18. Performs other tasks as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with at least two years’ skilled nursing experience.
- Must be registered and currently licensed in the State of California by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Must have current certification in CPR and first aid training.
- Experience working with the elderly or disabled adults.
- Public Health Nurse Certification desired.
- Good clinical and communication skills and the ability to work as a team member.
Apply here https://apply.usegale.com/#!/ref/jonathancervantes
If you have any question please contact me @ 972-975-9587 or email me @ email@example.com.