Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with automotive experience. Responsibilities will include researching, planning and designing mechanical and electromechanical products and systems related to automotive applications of diesel and gasoline high-performance engines along with directing and coordinating activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
Successful candidate will:
- Use SolidWorks extensively to design stylish aftermarket automotive components and systems to achieve maximum performance. (e.g. turbochargers, intercoolers, air intakes, superchargers, wastegates, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, etc).
- Manage multiple projects from conception through production by researching, planning, and designing mechanical and electromechanical automotive performance products and systems.
- Write technical specifications and engineering documents; develop Bills of Material, technical product installation manuals and owner’s manuals. May create illustrations.
- Interact with internal and external entities such as purchasing, supplier quality, manufacturing, customer service, installation and outside vendors throughout all phases of product development.
- Research various external component and materials suppliers and review specifications to ensure component compliance and compatibility with our products.
- Research, analyze and compare various material properties in order to choose and/or recommend the best materials for a given product or application.
- Research OEM and competitive products and patents, and make recommendations for design strategies.
- Interact with engineering personnel in the fabrication of test apparatus and equipment, and the development of methods and procedures for testing products and systems. Analyze test data and summarize findings, write technical engineering reports and engineering documents.
- Produce rapid prototype parts using 3D printers. Coordinate prototype fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and specification. Document findings. Evaluate and recommend design modifications.
- Successful candidate will have a BSME degree with 5+ years mechanical engineering experience utilizing SolidWorks, OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of experience and education within the automotive industry.
- Experience with foundry processes and plastic molding processes (injection and rotational) desired.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
- Have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and Aflac plans along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.