Turbocharged High Performance Engine Developer and Manufacturer, Banks Power, is seeking a Jr. Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer with automotive power train and engine systems control experience. If you love high performance vehicles and Southern California, there is nothing west of the Mississippi River that compares with Banks. Banks is a highly innovative company that pioneered Twin Turbo systems in the ‘60”s, Twin Turbo tuner cars in the ‘70”s, pickup truck diesel turbo systems in the ‘80’s, inline diesel electronic tuning modules in the ‘90’s and speed seeking exhaust brake controllers in the 2000’s. Currently Banks is supplying V6 and V8 turbocharged diesel engines as a Tier 1 supplier to various military vehicle manufacturers.
Banks is currently innovating heavily in the performance gasoline and diesel turbocharging market by leveraging recent monitoring and control patents. Banks is developing a wide range of new and innovative command, control and monitoring products.
Successful candidate will:
- Design and Implement automotive control electronics
- Research, plan and design real-time embedded software systems using C and/or Assembly language
- Analyze and document existing vehicle operating characteristics using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, data acquisition equipment, and dynomometers
- Assist in the development of technical product installation manuals, owner's manuals, and write technical reports.
- Integrate user-interface with software subsystems, document changes, and provide timely support to other development groups
- Work on real world customer-facing application challenges
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve issues in complex systems
- Communicate effectively *(written and verbally) with management and other software developers on ideas and solutions to software development problems
- Solve problems and create solutions for embedded systems and multi-threaded applications
- BSCS or BSEE degree with experience designing and developing embedded software applications.
- OR THE EQUIVALENT COMBINATION of 0-3 years of job experience as an Embedded Automotive Software Engineer and education within the automotive industry.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be fluent in C language.
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls is desired.
- J1939, USB, J1850, RS232, RS485, ISO9141, and CAN communications experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Freescale, NXP, STMicro, or Atmel microprocessors preferred.
- Experience in the design and implementation of automotive control electronics.
- Former SAE, Baja, or similar project experience beneficial.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Hands-on; proactive in nature.
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a 401k program. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.