Summary: Responds to and resolves customer concerns and assists customer in technical installations and/or operations of automotive aftermarket performance products in a timely and professional manner.
Successful candidate will:
- Provide telephone support to resolve installation and product performance issues.
- Use troubleshooting and superior diagnostic skills to resolve customer questions.
- Provide relief to the customer service department by answering and responding to incoming phone calls.
- Determine whether a customer inquiry should be handled by the technical support group, customer service group, or if assistance is needed from engineering, installation or sales department personnel. Refer calls accordingly and follow up to conclusion.
- Ensure that all incoming calls are answered in a timely manner with professional courtesy, in accordance with established procedures.
- Handle multiple calls when necessary and appropriate.
- Respond to all customer contact or inquiries (including voice-mail, e-mail, chat, etc.) on the same day as received, even if resolution of the issue cannot be immediate and always keep the customer advised of status of the issue.
- Follow up and track the progress of each call until it is resolved, even if the issue has been referred to another company representative or department.
- Insure that all required and pertinent information to properly investigate the issue is obtained from the customer during the initial contact.
- Thoroughly investigate each claim per established procedure to determine its validity and to insure that the resulting credit or exchange, if any, is correct. Enlist assistance and expertise from other employees and/or departments as necessary.
- Record all information regarding the customer and the issue in the appropriate level of the Bankspower CRM. This includes discussions with customer, attempted contacts of customer, all internal discussions regarding the issue, and final resolution.
- Follow company policy regarding the shipment of warranty replacement product to customers. Complete all documentation for customer orders, i.e. shipping method, correct address and appropriate freight amount.
- One year certificate from college or technical school, with minimum three years of experience in an in-house customer service environment handling multiple tasks and resolving customer issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have extensive mechanical and technical knowledge of gasoline and diesel trucks and motor homes.
- Individual must be familiar with the basic operation of a PC to locate and install drivers and must have an adept knowledge of standard mechanical tools, including a volt meter.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and accounting software (Intuitive preferred).
- Must have UPS, Federal Express or other freight carrier experience.
- ASE Certification preferred.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Outgoing, hands-on, and proactive in nature.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
Banks Power offers a competitive salary and a benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with a generous 401k Match. Banks Power provides a pleasant, professional, and dynamic work environment.
Certain positions with Gale Banks Engineering require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Gale Banks Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gale Banks Engineering complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gale Banks Engineering expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gale Banks Engineering’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.