The General Manager is responsible for all theatre activities and works to ensure that all activities are consistent with the Theatre’s business plan and company policies. He or she works to provide an amazing guest experience and ensures that all employees are meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions. The Victorian General Manager will have unique marketing expectations and reporting requirements.
Essential Functions :
• Consistently provide a top-quality guest experience that delivers total guest satisfaction
• Models and creates an environment in which the guest is the priority
• Responds positively and promptly to guest concerns
• Correct potential problems before they affect guests
• Hire high quality staff who ensure consistent customer satisfaction
• Ensure all employees are trained, motivated, and empowered to deliver total guest satisfaction
• Maintains theatre at the level necessary to meet and exceed company standards for service Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high quality service
Training and Development :
• Continuously improve the skills, knowledge, and morale of all employees
• Treats the employees with dignity and respect and creates an environment where the team does the same
• Effectively utilize all training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training programs
• Prepares qualified employees for promotion
• Continually develop adequate number of shift leaders to meet the objective of the business plan
• Evaluate each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations
• Holds the employees accountable for performance and confronts poor performance
• Makes decisions regarding all performance related issues in the theatre
Effective Business Management :
• Maximizes financial performance and profit
• Responsible for all fiscal aspects of the theatre.
• Develops and executes the business plan
• Executes initiatives on time, correctly, and with minimal direction
• Identifies and develops marketing strategies to maximize sales
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices :
• Ensures that business and personnel practices are consistent with policies, procedures, and the law
• Enforces federal, state, and local labor laws
• Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, guests, and company assets
• Upholds food safety, food handling, and sanitation requirements to ensure the health and safety of guests and employee’s hours
• Able to work a minimum of 50 hour per week
• Able to work flexible hours necessary to manage and operate the theatre effectively including weekends and holidays
• Preferred executive level leadership experience
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Able to lift 50 pounds
• Will be required to report regularly and provide measure for marketing efforts
• Requirement for community involvement, chamber of commerce and service club participation.
• May be required to represent the theatre in dealing with city affairs and requests.
• May be required to attend selected public events
• May be required to attend training at a sister theatre location
Galaxy Theatres LLC
Why Work Here?
We're a growing company focused on our people, with opportunities for advancement.