Training Specialist (Space Ops)
- Posted: over a month ago
Training Specialist (Space Ops)
Chantilly, VA – Relocation Assistance Provided
Our client is one of the largest, successful aerospace, defense and technology innovators in the world. They operate in over 100 countries and provide strategic solutions to the US, in order to protect and defend our freedoms worldwide, with advancing space access, supporting national security, civil service, and transportation safety. Their employees are passionate about their customers and their mission, as they enjoy working with cutting edge technologies and advancements that are positively impacting our society.
*Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance required*
The company is seeking a Space Operations specialist to lead the training of technically complex software applications and to mature the associated operational use cases. This person will work with end users, engineers, and software developers, serving as a valuable communication liaison between these parties. This person will become a power user of the product and help mature the operational use of new capabilities. This person will led the development of new training materials as needed and led various user training events which are typically monthly and quarterly.
- Become a power user of the product.
- Leverage space operations knowledge to develop use cases for training as well as input to shape the operational use of new capabilities.
- Provide professional classroom training 4 to 8 times a year. The candidate is expected to implement sound classroom management techniques, teach complex topics, and obtain student assessments for continued improvement.
- Responsible for developing high quality training materials for in-person student training as well as on-line training aids and user guides. Training materials are primarily in the form of PowerPoint, videos, and Computer Based Training. This task will involve direct creation of materials as well as leading one or two other team members in material creation.
- Keep training material well organized and up to date as the product continues to develop. Coordinate with other members of the project team to post training materials at various locations for student and internal team access.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience, OR, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, OR, the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- 4+ years of directly related experience in the space operations and in development and delivery of technical training programs.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance and willingness to take CI Poly
- Genuine interest in space operations and activities which leads to dynamic teaching of the topic areas.
- Capable of understanding complex software applications to include those with significant math models “under the hood.” The candidate is NOT required to perform any complex math, but must be able to understand the inputs, outputs, and effects at the user-level of the application.
- This position is within the company's Space Domain Awareness division, so strong knowledge in this area is generally beneficial.
Please be aware this position requires TS/SCI Security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
EducationView all jobs at Galaxy Technology Hires LLC