Systems Engineer (Orbital Analysis)
- Posted: over a month ago
Systems Engineer (Orbital Analysis)
Vandenberg Air Force Base – Relocation Assistance Provided
Our client is one of the largest, successful aerospace, defense and technology innovators in the world. They operate in over 100 countries and provide strategic solutions to the US, in order to protect and defend our freedoms worldwide, with advancing space access, supporting national security, civil service, and transportation safety. Their employees are passionate about their customers and their mission, as they enjoy working with cutting edge technologies and advancements that are positively impacting our society.
*Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance required*
Our company currently has an opening for an Orbital/Operations Analyst in Southern California. The Analyst will be member of a dynamic team supporting cutting edge systems for the space industry and will support satellite space situational awareness (SSA) activities, primarily as an Orbital/Operations Analyst as part of National Security program at Vandenberg SFB. The Analyst will operate orbit determination and satellite characterization systems utilizing data from a variety of phenomenology's (radar, passive RF, optical). Analytical prediction requires use of analytical tools, such as Freeflyer, STK, and MATLAB to calculate orbit trajectories, maneuvers, and to establish design reference missions.
We have a long history of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers. In this position, you will bring your systems engineering background to a system engineering role where you can make a broad impact to programs and projects that are critical to our customers.
- Responsible for algorithm development, quantitative analysis, orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture analysis
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to support national security space analysis activities. Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, and operations
- The candidate will work with software development teams to implement and validate models, ultimately resulting in user capabilities
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of senior technical personnel
- May act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a project
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, OR, graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, OR, combination of relevant experience and education
- 3 years of Spacecraft Operations experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience in requirements development and management, space vehicle design and operations, payloads, and mission operations
- Software: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics Standards, SOAP, Pro Engineer
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, Java, Parallel Computing, UNIX/Linux
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of national security space related problems desired
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile approaches to Systems Engineering
- Experience working with software development teams and associated Agile
- development processes.
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented languages enabling one to read
- And follow the logic of the code written.
- Experience working with JSON and XML files often used for data exchange and
- API definitions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Please be aware this position requires TS/SCI Security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?