Lead Mechanical Engineer - Mechanisms
- Over a month ago
Lead Mechanical Engineer – Mechanisms
Carlsbad, CA – Relocation Assistance Provided
Our client is one of the largest, successful aerospace, defense and technology innovators in the world. They operate in over 100 countries and provide strategic solutions to the US, in order to protect and defend our freedoms worldwide, with advancing space access, supporting national security, civil service, and transportation safety. Their employees are passionate about their customers and their mission, as they enjoy working with cutting edge technologies and advancements that are positively impacting our society.
*Active DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required*
Our client is looking for a driven mechanical engineer to work on challenging development and production programs for their customer. This may include performing research, product development, design, and analysis tasking on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical hardware, and complex electronic packaging. The candidate will also support the program in a technical leadership role over requirements definition, concept generation, material selection, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design, design documentation, and assembly/integration and testing. There is potential for cost and schedule leadership (IPTL/CAM) responsibilities depending on program need. Candidate must have experience in 3D modeling, critical HW design and development and the ability to work independently or within a multi-disciplined team environment. Candidate is also expected to mentor earlier career engineers in technical aspects of product design and development. This role is not a functional management role.
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance Required
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of precision mechanisms and hardware development and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Experience in design or development of precision mechanisms and mechatronic systems.
- Proficiency in CAD tools such as Creo and understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing standards.
- Experience in additive manufacturing, part optimization and design for manufacture and assembly.
- Experience with actuators, custom gear trains, fluid systems, electro-optical systems, materials testing, and manufacturing processes.
Please be aware this position requires a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Galaxy Technology Hires LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?