- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quality/ISO Manager is responsible for all aspects of quality as it relates to customer interface, lab support, quality issues and investigation of customer complaints with support from lab manager/personnel; handle all complaints and issues with raw material quality, and quality assurance of all Taft shipments and intermediates; accountable for coordinating and maintaining the ISO documentation and document control; coordinate ISO internal and external audits.
- Manage Quality function.
- Serve as site expert on product chemistry with respect to customer issues.
- Work with Unit Leaders and assist Lab management to insure consistent manufacture of quality products and continual product improvements.
- Coordinate with Product Schedulers to ensure business rules supports production and quality standards.
- Interface with purchasing to make sure that plant is supplied with quality raw materials.
- Coordinate with Lab Manager, Supply Chain and Commercial Team to ensure that current products meet customer needs.
- Respond, track, and monitor customer complaint and investigate as needed.
- Participate in Plant and customer/vendor audits; assist with quality related Customer Surveys.
- Coordinate internal quality audits on an on-going and as needed basis, including Management Reviews.
- Serve as a plant resource regarding quality control, customer interface, and quality compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining all ISO documentation.
- Coordinate Management Review process and maintain all documentation.
- Generate Vendor Performance reports.
- Coordinate and teach ISO Familiarization Classes to all new Taft employees.
- Review all controlled documents and coordinate distribution of documents.
- Coordinate and teach the Internal Auditors course to Taft employees and other Galata personnel as needed.
- Manage ISO Audit Response Team/site ISO Audits.
- Track and distribute procedures to department heads/unit leaders for review of accuracy and compliance according to ISO and OSHA standards and regulations.
- Issue training sign-off sheets to trainer for plant personnel sign-in and distribution to training administrator.
- BS in Chemistry or related sciences, with 10+ years experience in chemical manufacturing laboratory as Sr. Chemist or Lab Manager.
- Experience with chemistry, chemical processes, and quality management process.
- Strong knowledge of chemical manufacturing laboratory, lab equipment and processes.
- Experience giving technical presentations to technical audiences.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and/or RC management systems.
- Strong analytical aptitude with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong management skills and ability to work well with and lead and direct work groups.
- Strong leadership, directing, partnering, and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, teamwork and leadership skills in management people.
- Computer literacy, specifically SAP, LIMS, and MS Excel.
Employment and Compensation
Galata Chemicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive compensation package including benefits.
471 Hwy 3142Hahnville, LA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Galata Chemicals
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?