River of Life is a residential living home that aids in total care, skilled nursing care, long term stay, and care until the end of life. We have a range of services that allow various people with different health issues to get given the care to meet all of their needs in mind, body, and soul. Such services include pastoral services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, hospice, and Bluestone Physician services.
We are looking to bring on a self motivated, compassionate RN to our team!
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) REQUIREMENTS:
- Holds a Registered Nurse license for the state of Minnesota in good standing with the state.
Responsible for carrying out patient care in accordance with physicians' orders.
Provides for the well-being of patients by assessing condition, providing treatments and administer prescribed drugs and documents progress and other observations in the patient chart.
Collects and assesses initial and on-going data about the health status of the patient.
- Responsible for the coordination, development and direct supervision of the paraprofessional staff
- Provides in-field professional supervision and on-the-job training to personal care aides
- Assists with teaching Personal Care Aide training classes
- Initiates and/or revises an individualized plan of care that includes immediate and long-term outcomes for the patient/family and reflects the plan of the entire health care team.
- Carries out interventions safely and in compliance with policy to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Evaluates patient response to intervention/therapy based upon expected outcomes.
- Provides patient education by explaining procedures, medications and giving instructions at a level the patient can understand; addresses patient’s questions and concerns; verifies patient informed consent when indicated.
- Documents and communicates all required components of patient care.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; prior experience in specialty field preferred; knowledge of general nursing theory and practice required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of Minnesota or has a work permit from the State Board of Nursing; specialty certification preferred; BLS certification required or must complete BLS certification within the first two weeks of employment.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Starting at $35
- home health: 1 year (Preferred but not required)
River of Life Residential Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.