Gage USA is a licensed cannabis company with a mission to become the leader in the cannabis segment striving for the highest standards in social responsibility and ethical business practices. The company's world-class cannabis team produces premium indoor cannabis that is hydroponically grown.
As the Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for the quality management system, internal and external regulatory requirements, as well as assuring compliance with government regulations relating to the production and packaging of cannabis. You will be accountable for the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the quality assurance and control systems. You will maintain compliance with regulatory and quality assurance producers.
- Assist with the development and management of the quality assurance management system
- Monitor and measure efficiency of different established procedures
- Work with production, packaging and shipping departments
- Sample, test and work with a third-party laboratory
- Control master documents such as site policy documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in accordance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Design methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations, internal quality assurance and control procedures
- Daily travel between multiple locations within the Detroit Metro area (Harrison Charter Twp., Warren, Ferndale, and other sites as needed)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or Pharmacy
- 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance role or certification required
- 5 or more years quality management experience in an agricultural environment preferred
- Knowledge of plant chemistry, extraction systems and chromatographic techniques
- Good working knowledge of cannabis regulations preferred
- Exceptional planning, organizational and execution skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention in detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word programs
- Can work effectively under tight timelines
- Must be able to travel locally
Full time position: $35K-$45K/Year based on successful interview and experience
Gage USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to conduct all its activities in a barrier-free and inclusive manner. We thank all candidates for their interest in Gage USA; however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.