- Provides global health and safety program management, including on-line training (i.e. Skillsoft), and any related program development.
- Maintains the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Management System, including contracts, software oversight, and any related label and DOT shipping requirements in U.S. and other global formats.
- Conducts research and discover methods to prevent, control and eliminate health and safety concerns and develops related programs to maintain compliance.
- Assists EHS Director with providing management oversight to the EHS Coordinator, in all relevant areas.
- Interfaces professionally with regulatory agencies and insurance providers, as needed to fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Maintains awareness of all U.S., Canadian, Mexican, Brazilian, and European laws and regulations pertaining to health and safety, safety data sheets, labeling, and transportation regulations/issues.
- Identifies health, safety, and environmental impact of all new products, processes and projects.
- Reports all health and safety issues or concerns to management, provides oversight to reduce or eliminate risks and informs the company of progress and problems in related areas.
- Provides health and safety information to internal and external customers actively and upon request.
- Conducts, coordinates and/or administer employee, customer and contractor health, safety and environmental training.
- Administers the worker’s compensation program in cooperation with Human Resources.
- Administers employee medical monitoring and respirator examination programs.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits, cross-functional pre-startup safety reviews, and Process Hazard Analysis (FMEAs) and related documents for Process Safety Management.
- Creates and maintain regulatory required health and safety programs and procedures for Gage Products.
- Performs EHS Supplier Audits.
- Interfaces with, and monitors contracted security company and related security functions, including access control.
- Orders and stocks safety supplies needed by onsite and offsite Gage personnel.
- Contracts and/or coordinates with contactors on fire system testing, approved capital projects, and other related matters.
- Assists with environmental regulatory programs, including air monitoring program, as needed.
- Performs variety of tasks often changing on short notice.
QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, knowledge, experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or a related field
- 5 years of experience in a health and safety role in an industrial or manufacturing environment; chemical industry experience is a plus
- Management/supervisory experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations applicable to the health and safety field
- Intermediate computer skills including working knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership skills
- Independent and self-motivated; able to work without close supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Climbing ladders
- Sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must be able to inspect all areas where potential compliance concerns exist
- Must be capable of carrying instrumentation weighing 30 pounds
- Must be able to detect potential compliance concerns
Gage's commitment to environmental and community stewardship, earned us both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications in quality and environmental management systems.
Gage is an agile company dedicated to effective and responsible resource management and providing long-term environmental benefits. Since our beginning, Gage's flexible approach has facilitated growth by continually assessing the needs of an ever changing marketplace. Then we address these needs with customer driven products and services such as:
•High performance solvent blends
•Solvent reclamation, recycling, and toll remanufacturing
•Custom test fuel blends, calibration fluids, and toll manufacturing
•Paint line cleaning programs and specialty product solutions