Legal Case Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gabroy | Messer,—an AV-Preeminent Law Firm practicing in Plaintiff’s employment law, civil litigation, civil rights, and personal injury—seeks a reliable, professional, and dedicated Case Manager/Paralegal for a full-time position in the District in Henderson, Nevada.
This Case Manager/Paralegal support position will be in our Employment/Civil Law Department and assist in managing and helping to oversee our Plaintiffs' Civil /Employee matters.
Our case manager will be paid a generous hourly amount plus all overtime in accordance with federal and state law. Further, our office offers substantial bonuses upon our discretion based upon the success of our office. Also, our office offers benefits, 401k, and paid time off after the probationary period.
Gabroy | Messer is searching for a dependable and trustworthy candidate who possesses a positive, can-do attitude. This position is one that is responsible for helping to maintain and manage our civil litigation/administrative hearings/ and employee rights cases. The candidate must be a self-starter, proactive, and take ownership and leadership in our cases.
This includes assisting with supporting the attorneys with our cases, maintaining the status of our cases, organizational tasks, drafting correspondence, drafting discovery, preparing case outlines and summaries based upon information provided to the candidate, drafting some motions and pleadings, communicating with staff, clients, administrative personnel, and collaborating with our attorneys and staff to prepare our files.
As our Case Manager/Paralegal, it is also your responsibility to help oversee our civil litigation/employee rights operations for the business to ensure an effective operation that is running smoothly and efficiently while providing support. It is essential that the candidate can multi-task, has effective communication skills, is professional and skilled, is reliable, is proactive, is a leader with an ownership mentality, and has a deep interest in working and developing our employee rights cases.
The cases overseen include civil litigation matters, wrongful termination matters, unfair employment practices cases, administrative hearings, unemployment hearings, demands, wage and hour matters (including class actions), mediations, settlement conferences, wrongful terminations, discrimination, and harassment cases. It is imperative that the candidate understand the basics of the rules of Civil Procedure, understands the flow of a case, understands the basics of the discovery process, and has a desire to grow and help move our cases. It is also imperative that the candidate is detail-oriented and willing to learn. We are looking for a professional that has a deep desire to help our clients and has an interest in civil litigation, employee rights, and employment law.
The potential candidate must write a short response to the following question: "Why do you want to be our next case manager/paralegal at Gabroy Messer?"
- Maintaining, Organizing, and Helping to Oversee our Civil and Employee/Wrongful Termination cases
- Maintaining our Calendar, schedule meetings and appointments
- Assisting the attorneys with basic discovery, case flow, drafting correspondences, status, and motions
- Effective and professional communication, in writing, in person, and on the phone, with clients, personnel, and opposing counsel
- Interviewing and meeting with clients and potential clients to address case specific concerns and ascertaining some case facts and case documents
- Review of case materials with attorneys and staff and providing potential summaries to attorneys and staff
- Maintain and update client database and case management
- Draft correspondence, discovery, motions, notices, etc.
- Research and investigate facts, caselaw and new cases
- Assist clients in all facets of administrative filings (i.e. EEOC, UE, NERC, NLRB, DOL, etc.)
- Provide input to and case strategies and case outlines
- Draft Legal Pleadings, Demands, Discovery, Outlines
- Prepare/redact legal documents
- File and serve documents
- Schedule court dates, hearings, deadlines, and discovery plans/trial dates
- Maintain paperwork and file legal documents
- Assist attorneys at depositions, mediation, arbitration, or any other event deemed necessary by the attorney on the case
If you are a professional with a strong sense of discretion, have interest in and experience working in a firm, we encourage you to apply for this position today. You must be able to multi-task, have extreme attention to detail, reliable, and take management and ownership of cases seriously. We are looking for a professional with a passion in employee rights, has a can-do attitude, is proactive, possesses leadership skills, and wants to grow in our position. We are a team oriented, smaller office and the position has great growth potential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate
- Must maintain professionalism and offer legal and administrative support for our team
- Organized, able to take direction well, and ability to multi-task
- Has legal experience
- Understands basics of a case and must be able to draft and use effective language
- Must be able to take ownership and leadership of our cases with a proactive mentality while being professional and civil
- Must help to oversee our case files and flow of our cases including wrongful termination cases.
- Has desire to win and work hard to support our clients
- Knowledge and Experience in Employment Law or passion for employee rights is a Substantial Plus
Competitive with Great Potential. Generous Bonus Pay based on firm's results. If our firm succeeds, you will as well.
- Benefits offered after probationary period:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available after probationary period (our office covers 80% of your health, Vision and Dental Insurance), our offices current plan is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO;
- 401k benefits per our plan with matching amounts by our office
- Liability Insurance (our office has never been sanctioned, has never been sued for malpractice and we demand strict compliance with our ethical rules)
- Discretionary Bonuses, our discretionary bonuses usually are extremely competitive and our office ethos is to award hard work, results, and to compensate accordingly
- Paid time off as stated in our handbook including PTO in addition to all federal holidays paid at 8 hours of your hourly amount
- CLE/Training Courses at our discretion and notary expenses
Various association memberships after probationary period
Working hours are 8-5 but understanding that hours may be longer depending on trial schedule, client commitments, and participation in matters. Our office compensates overtime pay at 1 and 1/2 times your hourly rate for all hours worked over 40 hours a week in accordance with state and federal law.
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- JD / BS/BA Paralegal Certificate (Preferred)
Gabroy Messer Law Offices
170 S. Green Valley ParkwayHenderson, NV
LegalView all jobs at Gabroy Messer Law Offices