Sr. Data Engineer
Active Top Secret Clearance Required
Telegraph Rd, Quantico, VA 22134
Contract to Hire Permanent
A Data Engineer will focus on design, implementation and operation of the data management systems to meet the customer's business needs. This includes designing how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and systems. Data Engineer will work together with data consumers to determine, create and populate optimal data architecture, structures and systems. Data Engineer will also plan, design, and optimize for data throughput and query performance issues. Additionally, Data Engineer will have a vital role in the selection of backend database technologies, configuration and optimization of the full data pipeline infrastructure to support the content, volume of data and its ETL process.
- Build, optimize, monitor and maintain data ETL/ELT pipeline.
- Build, configure and maintain Data Warehouse.
- Automate effective metadata management, leveraging modern tools and methods.
- Utilize Python, Scala or Java to collect data and analyze large-scale datasets in batch and real-time.
- Design scalable processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Collaborate with team members to design build and deliver innovative solutions.
- Establish data policies, standards, and procedures that improve data quality, availability, accessibility, security, usability, and enforcement of enterprise information management (EIM) program requirements.
- Recommend solutions based on performing industry-specific analysis, such as case studies describing data management best practices, identifying trends across the industry.
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in how NCIS acquires, stores, manages, shares and applies its data.
- Strong ability to design, build, optimize and manage data pipelines for data structures encompassing, Data Transformation, Data Models, Schemas, Metadata and workload management
- 10+ Experience in data management disciplines including [data integration, modeling, optimization and data quality], and/or other areas directly relevant to data engineering responsibilities and tasks.
- Strong experience with advanced analytics tools for Object-oriented/object function scripting using languages such as R, Python, Java, and C++.
- Strong experience with database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL Hadoop for relational and non-relational databases
- Proven experience with taking large data projects from conception to implementation
- Experience in working with both open-source and commercial message queuing technologies such as Kafka, JMS, Azure Service Bus, Amazon Simple queuing Service.
- Experience with various cloud platform, cloud services, tools
- Managed cloud-based data warehouse
- Experience with BI tools: PowerBI (preferable), Tableau
- Required Education: Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, engineering or a related quantitative field [or equivalent work experience].
- Required Years of Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience
- Required: Any of the following within three (3) months of coming on board would be at a minimum: Security+ (CE), GSEC, SSCP, CISSP, GSLC, CISM
- Required: Candidates can be SCI-eligible, but must have their SSBI at a minimum of SECRET.
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
Gabriella's Hot Jobs
Why Work Here?Gabriella is a Lead Technical Recruiter @ ALTA IT Services. Since 2004, ALTA has built a reputation as an established leader in IT staffing and consulting services for government, commercial and non-profit enterprises in the Washington, DC metro area. Our extensive experience, vast network and proven methodologies ensure continuous success in efficiency, client support, dedication and value-add partnering with our clients.
Work with ALTA IT Services!