We are currently searching for a dynamic and inspired Design Consultant for our SC Home Retail Store. The ideal candidate for this role will be a proactive and future thinking individual with a passion for sales and design. The candidate should be comfortable and adept at assisting our clients turn their design goals into a clear and beautiful vision using active listening, clarifying questions and overall excellence in customer service and follow through. The Design Consultant is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals set by management while determining and understanding the needs and wants of clients.
Essential Job Duties
- Meets and exceeds sales goals set by store management; assists the store in driving sales; executes client’s vision and leads in all design projects; assists in qualifying, identifying client needs, layouts and presentations; sets goals for house calls and meets presentation expectations per company policy and direction from management.
- Welcomes our guests into the store by providing a friendly, informative atmosphere and assist with their needs; Also provides updates to the guests’ order on a regular basis, follow-through after delivery and provides answers to product care, warranty, and Summer Classics sales and programs.
- Correctly inputs of all custom sales for customer.
- Assists in the implementation of the sales floor plan. Merchandises accessories and rooms within the store.
- Regularly checks order acknowledgements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred; Four-year degree in Design, Industrial Design or trade membership in Design field highly preferred.
- One year of experience in design or retail environment minimum required.
- Ability or aptitude to sell luxury products.
- Good computer skills – knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word required.
- Technical knowledge of space planning and ability to use planning software preferred.
- Knowledge of the design industry including knowledge of fabrics and applications and general design practices preferred.
- Computer – Syspro ERP system & Microsoft/Apple Systems & Planning Software, iPad.
The Design Consultant position is an hourly wage plus 3% commission paid as sales are delivered with various sales incentive programs throughout the year.
Take the following Survey after completing your application https://www.cultureindex.com/c/9DB967
At Gabriella White, we deeply believe in the need for a solid foundation of values. We strive to create and maintain an environment focused on our customers and our people. Our Company Culture is based on our Core Values: Dedicated – Enthusiastic – Synergy – Integrity – Goal-oriented – Nimble. Our Company Purpose is to be relentless about making Life’s Best Moments...Furnished.TM
Why Work Here?Gabriella White, LLC, parent company to Summer Classics, Gabby and Stanford, leaders in the outdoor and indoor furniture industry is a family-owned company and premier innovator, manufacturer and retailer of fine indoor and outdoor furniture since 1978. Our products are beautiful, functional, long lasting, comfortable, high quality, and unique. At Gabriella White, we deeply believe in the need for a solid foundation of values. We strive to create and maintain an environment focused on our customers and our people. Our Company Culture is based on our Core Values: Dedicated – Enthusiastic – Synergy – Integrity – Goal-oriented – Nimble. Our Company Purpose is to be relentless about making Life’s Best Moments...Furnished.TM
We are driven by our Core Purpose to make Life’s Best Moments...Furnished.