Solid Manufacturing client of ours is looking to hire a Painter for second shift. The job description is the following:
Summary: Performs duties required to prepare and paint all parts and complete units following standard established methods and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Work from shop orders, written and verbal instructions.
- Degrease or wipe surfaces clean to prepare for primer and finish coats as required.
- Exercise care to remove all oil or other contaminants from surfaces to be painted.
- Mask machined surfaces or other areas not to be painted.
- Mix and thin various enamels, epoxies, polyurethane, lacquers, primers and chemical resistants to proper consistency for efficient spray or hand painting and maintain supply in tank.
- Exercise proper care of equipment and methods to insure compliance to safety and environmental requirements.
- Adjust air pressure and nozzle; move gun to cover surfaces in smooth even strokes free from run or thin spots; apply coats to insure mil thickness as necessary.
- Remove masking upon completion of painting operations.
- Clean and maintain spray equipment, tanks, booths; clean pit, filters; replace coverings and recoat walls as necessary.
- Use floor controlled overhead crane equipment as necessary to move parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment and materials.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
KNOWLEDGE: Use decimals, fractions and other ordinary arithmetic. Ability to measure liquids.
- Over three and up to twelve months painting experience in a manufacturing environment a must.
Gables Search Group
Why Work Here?