Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Gables Search Group, Inc. San Francisco, CA
- Expired: 4 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fully Remote within US
The company grows organisms for biotech companies. We've built the first cloud bioreactor facility. Here’s how it works:
- Our customers, biotechnology companies, design organisms (bacteria, yeast, mammalian cells) to produce products (materials, therapeutics, food).
- We grow their cells in our bioreactors to optimize the yield of their products. Ultimately, we help our customers get their products to market faster.
- Our customers receive their experimental results live on our website.
Our cloud bioreactor facility is made possible by custom software and automation technology that our team develops. The automated infrastructure is also more efficient to operate than traditional equipment. Our software also provides quick and simple data analysis, enabling customers to analyze reams of data quickly.
Here's a video that explains the processThe Role:
We are looking for a full stack product developer who wants to build the software platform that will transform biomanufacturing. Your work will quickly impact cutting edge biotechnology companies by helping them get their products to market faster and more efficiently.
We have new and interesting software challenges. Our problems are more than scaling a web service: we model biological processes and operate mission-critical software within bioreactors that sometimes get wet.
You will work with our small, but growing, customer software team to design and build all aspects of our software for customers; from tools that allow our customers to turn around their experiments faster, to features that ensure the quality and safety of their experiments.
This is a great fit for a developer who wants to wear a product hat, flex design chops, and talk to customers.What you'll do:
- Build things that make customers go "Woah, this is awesome!"
- Learn about fermentation, bio-manufacturing, and biotechnology
- Help define our software engineering culture
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of fermentation
- Providing a low-stress work environment
- Making ourselves available for collaboration
- Caring about you as a whole person, not a “resource”
Projects on our horizon
- Building the communication platform for bio-process planning and execution
- Developing new data visualization and analysis tools for our customers
- Expose complex bio-process protocol data in a simple understandable way
- Provide live process controls (dangerous!) in a safe and intuitive way
- And much, much more
- You have five to six years of experience in software development
- You know your way around modern JS, React, and css
- You have experience building products end-to-end
- You’re proactive and enjoy thinking about the big picture
- You’re kind, curious and enjoy learning new things
- You’re product focused - you think about the perspectives of end users even when it might not be expected of you
- You value communication and connection with a multidisciplinary team
- You care that you’re building something that solves a problem and helps end users
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of paid time off and 10 days of company holidays
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Support for relevant educational opportunities
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
Gables Search Group, Inc.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Gables Search Group, Inc.