We are hiring a mechanical engineer for a company in the Reading Area.
The incumbent provides direction, design and testing for the design of new braiding equipment, and the redesign or upgrading of existing equipment as manufactured and/or sold by the company. Acts as the knowledge base and provides direction for the development of new and upgrading of existing machinery. Requires demonstrated ability to translate technological developments into practical applications, and to integrate product development efforts with marketing objectives.
- 5 to 10 years machine design experience in machine design.
- Working knowledge of strength of materials; stress; hardening techniques; steel, cast
- iron, aluminum, alloys, and plastics
- Solid Edge experience helpful but not required
- Microsoft Word and Excel software experience
- Engineering type documentation experience
- Working knowledge of standard filing principles.
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Team member role in developing automated machinery
- Perform design and stress analysis
- Determine materials for construction, strength of material calculations, welding techniques, and machining tolerances
- Interface with sales and production personnel during project life
- Foreign language skills could be a significant advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Create layouts, component and assembly drawings using solid modeling software
- Compile and document bills of materials
- Responsible for correctly documenting all project phases and final document issue
- Responsible for correctly documenting field changes
- Responsible for mechanism and component application and design
- Responsible for mechanical design and electrical interface of machinery from conception through fabrication and debugging of mechanical components
- Involved in hands on approach to setting up and performing engineering lab tests and customer tests and trials.
- Determine and specify components, perform calculations for mechanical systems
- Presentation and training skills in system operation for customers, employees and field personnel
- Travel internationally to perform troubleshooting tasks and machine installations
- B.S. Eletro-Mechanical Engineering Degree
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer Degree
Gables Search Group, Inc.Reading, PA
ManufacturingView All Gables Search Group, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.