Cook / Prep Cook
- $13 to $15 Hourly (plus commission)
As a Cook, you will be responsible for skillfully applying culinary techniques. You will also set the stage for guest experience with your welcoming smile and service. By understanding their unique stories and needs, you will own their experience to create WOW memories they will carry with them far and beyond their Dinning experience with us.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain solid knowledge of food products and skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Identify and safely use kitchen equipment.
- Restock kitchen supplies and food items required for service.
- Properly label and date products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
- Maintain solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Assist Chef, Manager, FOH Employees in the execution of service.
- Maintain solid knowledge, understanding, and preparation of base sauces, Salsa, Brines.
- Work as a team, assist all guests and employees needs and inquiries.
- Communicate with management, chef, and service staff to fulfill and address any issue or needs requested by guests and employees.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested (clean, wash pots and pans, mop floor).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of weights, measures, and various cooking techniques.
- Knowledge of knives and knife skills, standard kitchen equipment, and supplies, including, but not limited to toasters, refrigerators, coolers, slicers, beverage machines, Cryo-vac machine, and small wares.
- Knowledge of health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of experience as a Cook in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant
- Work Varied shifts, to include weekends and holidays.
- Have a current Health card.
- Maintain Personal Hygiene standards
- Three (2) years of experience in a similar high-volume restaurant.
- Formal Culinary training
Gabis Gorditas 1 LLCLas Vegas, NV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.