GYL LLP is currently seeking a highly motivated Audit Manager. This position assumes a key leadership role in planning and managing audits, compilations and reviews. In addition to serving clients, this individual must be experienced with staff development/coaching, fostering high employee morale and positive motivation, business development, and building and maintaining strong client relationships.
Position requires a self starter who can adapt quickly to a new environment.
All full-time team members work an alternative workweek plan consisting of 40.0 hours per week, with 36.0 hours between Monday and Thursday, and 4.0 hours on Friday. Schedules change during Audit and Tax deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Oversee multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage and effectively deliver product and meet assigned budget.
- Prepare and review financial statements and notes and internal control observations and recommendations.
- Maintain open communication with clients to meet expectations, ensure satisfaction, and direct change efforts efficiently.
- Manage and consult service client base to make recommendations on Company and procedural improvement. Perform as a business advisor to client.
- Fully comprehend and administer firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for semi-annual and annual performance reviews. Administer subordinates production of hours (chargeability and non-chargeability). Effectively delegate work to staff members.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Active CPA license required
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting & audit experience in a small to medium public accounting firm.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS rules and standards.
- Strong Research skills
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Local Travel Percentage: 30%
The growth and success of the GYL are directly attributable to the loyal and dedicated team members it has onboard. Whether our employees have been with us through the years as we have evolved or are relatively new to the GYL family, there is one commonality: they recognize they are valued, respected and given the opportunity to grow.
Why Work Here?“We strive to be a firm that surpasses employee expectations, provides outstanding service and is admired by the communities we serve.” The growth and success of the GYL are directly attributable to the loyal and dedicated team members it has onboard. Whether our employees have been with us through the years as we have evolved or are relatively new to the GYL family, there is one commonality: they recognize they are valued, respected and given the opportunity to grow.
Work hard, play hard culture that values its employees. Flexible work from home and office currently in place.