This is a full-time production position responsible for operating meat-processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires working from 3:00 p.m. until end-of-shift or until the planned production is over. Overtime hours and working weekends (Sunday thru Friday) and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
A Meat Cutter's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cutting and preparing all varieties and cuts of meat, including the safe operation of tools.
- Operates meat-processing equipment.
- Utilizes hand tools and power equipment to fabricate meat portion control cuts to specifications.
- Helps in maintaining Clean and sanitary work conditions
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- Follows HAACP guidelines.
- Maintaining GWB LLC's high standards for product guidelines in sanitation, freshness, trim and cutting
- Ensure that knives are sharpened
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
- Ability to adjust to sudden change to customer demands or operational goals
- Must be customer service oriented, and detail oriented
- Sick Time and Vacation time provided.
- We offer both Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Take advantage of our in house discounts
- We provided 401K
- Medical and Dental coverage provided.