# Job Description
Perform responsible secretarial and administrative duties for Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) Pathology Department. This position will provide responsible secretarial and administrative support to Department Chair, Administrative Manager, Faculty, and Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as a secretary to the Department of Pathology, Assist Departmental Chair, Administrative Manager, Faculty, and Staff
2. Determines, using independent judgment when an issue needs to be brought to the immediate attention of the Departmental Chair, Administrative Manager, Faculty, and Staff
3. Greets and handles communications between University, Hospital and MFA
4. Maintains and organizes departmental files with responsibility for periodic retirement and/or obsolete material
5. Maintains and organizes departmental archives files
6. Create and maintain all leave records for Faculty, Staff, and Residents
7. Prepares and maintains all on-call schedules for the department
8. Collects, organizes and presents substantives information required by supervisor in carrying out responsibilities
9. Ensures accuracy and relevance of data and citation of courses
10. Receives, sorts, opens, and distributes mail
11. Composes, and may be authorized to sign, responses to inquires requiring broad knowledge of office functions, policies, provisions, procedures and work in progress.
12. Answer department telephone, inquires, get messages to appropriate faculty and staff member
13. Refers more complex questions to supervisor, gathering background materials and assuring that the call is returned.
14. Arranges for conference rooms, collect visual and background materials, digests, assembles and distributes information covering agenda items.
15. Organize lunches, dinners, breakfast when requested
16. Inventories office supplies and equipment
17. Purchases or requisitions needed supplies and equipment
18. Order books and instructional materials
19. Arranges for repair and maintenance of machines, equipment and furniture
20. Maintains current library consisting of books, articles, journals, and other related materials
21. Assist completion of various projects
22. Creating and updating forms
23. Records exams in an excel database
24. Assist departmental Curator
25. Proxy exams when requested
26. Prepare the annual oral examination
27. Assist Residency Coordinator as requested
28. Plans itineraries for staff and makes travel arrangements when requested
29. Obtains information for reports, correspondence, articles, etc.
30. Attends meetings and takes notes of procedure when requested
31. Performs other duties as assigned by Departmental Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1-2 years of college or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary.
3 years of secretarial experience, including at least six months of business administration experience is necessary. Excellent word processing skills are necessary.
Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
*Employee Type:* Full-Time
*Location:* Washington, DC
*Job Type:* Admin - Clerical
*Experience:* At least 3 year(s)
*Date Posted:* 10/30/2019