CAD Designer/Drafter - Telecom Experience Preferred - Sign On Bonus Included
We are looking for AutoCAD Designers to join our flourishing GIS Engineering team. Ideally, we are looking for local candidates that are “proficient” in AutoCAD, and Adobe Acrobat (pdf). The individual in this position is responsible for producing Outside Plant (OSP) CAD designs, and associated work package documents in coordination with other engineering department personnel. Qualified individuals should be experienced in drafting permit ready utility or telecommunications cable systems and associated OSP supporting structures both underground and aerial placement. While having great drawing quality, speed, and quality control, candidates must meet and follow company and business unit directives and practices.
The successful candidate must meet a majority of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below:
- Understanding of communications engineering and related systems is preferred
- Previous experience working in computer aided design, AutoCAD, MicroStation, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and database proficiency
- Be skilled in multi-tasking with strong attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills and calculation skills are required
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Understand routing of utilities and placement techniques
- Use mature judgment in all aspects of the job
- Ability to develop permit packages (City, State, Rail) etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Prior experience pulling land base maps is a plus
- Utility Profile Drawings a Huge Plus
- Wireless, architectural, distribution network design, electrical, industrial experience is a plus
- Google KMZ, shape file also a plus
- Minimum two years of AutoCAD experience preferred
Sign on bonus ranging from $500 - $2000 depending on experience.
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plans.
Optional participation in 401k
PTO and sick time
Job Type: Full-time