- Posted: over a month ago
This position will be open until 5/24/2022. Applicants should plan for the following tentative dates for this recruitment and the interview process:
5/25/2022 - Qualified applicants will be interviewed by an oral interview panel
This position is responsible for supervising the District's pool, recruiting, training and supervising staff, collecting cash payments, and providing customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as lead worker. Provides guidance and training to lower level staff.
- Provides customer service to patrons. Responds to inquiries and concerns. Provides information on services offered.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the pool.
- Oversees assigned programs, including swim lessons and camps.
- Provides assistance at the front desk. Answer phones, greets visitors, and collects cash payments.
- Performs related work as required.
- Work requires providing guidance and the potential to oversee another employee. This position may oversee work quality, training, instructing, and work assignments.
- Position has moderate fiscal responsibility. May be responsible for the billing, collection and/or accounting of funds. May be responsible for the handling and balancing of cash.
Required Education and Experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience as a lifeguard
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
Required Licenses or Certifications
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers, First Aid, and Administering Emergency Oxygen.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor, American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, Certified Pool Operator, Aquatic Facility Operator
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment
- Pool operations and rules
- Safety practices and protocols
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Customer service
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position requires occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards and requires medium physical effort. Incumbents may be required to exert up to up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position.
May need to travel to various GVRD sites within the district, City Hall, County offices, training sites outside the district, vendors, supplier, or other job-related locations.
GVRD is an equal opportunity employer.
ConstructionView all jobs at GVRD