Position: Home Health Care Provider (“Caregiver”)
Purpose: Caregiver shall provide home health care services to an individual (“Client”) in a diligent, safe, effective, competent and skillful manner and in accordance with the standards of the home health care profession, including, but not exclusively limited to those services listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Collaborate and support plan of care as determined by Client’s physician and Family
- Assist with all personal care, including bathing, bathroom care, and dressing
- Monitor pulse rate, blood pressure, temperature and other such health metrics as needed
- Assist with medical equipment as needed
- Manage medical appointments, including transportation as needed
- Administer and manage medication
- Assist with physical therapy exercises
- Keep records relating health services and report changes to Family
- Assist with grocery shopping and healthy meal preparation
- Assist with laundry and light housekeeping
- Carry out errands as needed
- Other related services as mutually agreed upon
Status: Part-time, year around in collaboration with one or two additional contracted caregivers. Independent Contractor status. The caregivers shall report to the Family Representatives (“Family”).
Start Date : Open immediately (starting as early as mid- February).
Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Previous experience in a hospital, health care facility, nursing home or as a home health aide is required (five or more years with elder patients preferred).
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and/or licensed to practice as a CNA or Registered Nurse required
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality
- In good health and able to work without restrictions
- A valid Minnesota driver's license, a driving record in good standing
- Minimum liability insurance coverage
- Ability to lift and assist with client transfers from wheelchair to other seated positions
- High level of motivation and initiative
- High levels of compassion, caring, and patience
- Thorough and effective verbal communication
- High reliability and dependability
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner
- Strong willingness to collaborate and assist where needed
- High confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Attention to detail and safety
Location and Travel: Services will be provided in Family home in Sauk Rapids Minnesota. In addition, the Family may elect to spend time in Florida and Caregiver will be asked to relocate with the client and continue to provide the Services in Florida location. This will be in the January 1–April 30 timeframe each year and caregivers will likely rotate through two-week cycles at the Florida location (approximately 3 two-week cycles or so in Florida for each caregiver during that timeframe). Cost of travel to the Florida location would be covered.
Hours: We would like to cover the hours of 8:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, which would include an extended break for the caregiver during that time. With multiple caregivers, we would look to schedule a Lead Caregiver 3 days (or 4 days if desired) and tasked with scheduling the Assistant Caregivers for the other days. The Assistant caregivers, based on preferences and including trading/rotating shifts, could each take 2 days or so. The hours of Services by Caregiver may change as necessary to make certain there is continuous Services among all caregivers. The Family will provide reasonable notice of any schedule changes.
Compensation and Benefits: Hourly compensation of $25/hour, as an Independent Contractor will be provided. As an Independent Contractor all taxes and benefits are the responsibility of the independent contractor/caregiver. The Family shall provide Caregiver with furnished living quarters within the Residence or the alternate Florida location, including a separate bedroom and a bathroom for use in order for Caregiver to be available during the required work hours.
Application: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter detailing the fit between their interest and skills and the position requirements, a resume, and at least two reference letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious applicants only. Applications accepted until January 15, 2020.