Job Title: Navy Electronics/Network Equipment Specialist - 3M WORK CENTER SUPERVISOR QUALIFIED
Security Clearance Required: Active Secret Clearance*
Work Location: Norfolk, VA
This position will provide support to the Planned Maintenance System Project managing shipboard Electronic Systems for the U.S Navy.
Understanding of computer network systems is highly desirable. You do not need to be certified for Network Operations, but you do need to understand computers, routers and switches and how they work in a network.
The Navy Rate skill sets that are best suited for this position are: Information System Technicians (IT), Electronic Technicians (ET) or Fire Control Technicians (FC) rates with experience performing or managing maintenance for related shipboard systems and an understanding of Network operations.
Typical Fit for Duties Performed while on Active Duty: 3M Coordinator, Department 3M Assistant, Leading Petty Officer, Work Center Supervisor.
*Only candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance (or higher) will be considered for this position.
>Please provide salary expectations when applying.
GVI, Inc., a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, is a Systems Engineering and Logistics & Program Management company providing services to government and commercial entities. GVI is a successful ANC-owned Small Disadvantaged Business with proven financial strength and stability. We perform a wide range of support across multiple contracts, with our core capabilities centered on Production Engineering and Depot Operations; SHIPALT / TEMPALT; Logistics Management; Inventory, Warehouse Management, and Kitting; Program Management; Financial, Contracts, and Process Management; Quality Assurance; Configuration Management; and IUID Marking, Tracking, and Support.
- Ability to perform technical reviews and prepare responses to Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) Technical Feedback Reports (TFBR's) to include complete tracking, interfacing with technical codes, In-Service Engineering Agent and shipboard personnel to resolve issues with above listed systems and other related systems/equipment.
- Ability to develop Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) documentation for new ship construction and/or new systems/equipment configuration using the Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) concept.
- Ability to research technical manuals, blueprints, ship's drawings, and conducts ships visits to validate Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) coverage for shipboard and shore station equipment.
- Ability to establish, update, and maintain the engineering corporate history of developed Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) documents, to include Maintenance Index Pages (MIPs), and Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRCs).
- Ability to coordinate with Acquisition Managers and In-Service Engineering Agents (ISEAs) to ensure accuracy and adequacy of Planned Maintenance Systems (PMS) coverage for modified or newly installed systems/equipment on board Naval ships and Shore commands.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of conducting maintenance on at least one of the systems identified above.
- Other personnel with strong shipboard repair experience in the equipment groups listed may also be considered.
- United States Citizenship;
- Only candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance (or higher) will be considered for this position;
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment;
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must have a valid United States Driver’s License;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in shipboard repair;
- Minimum qualification - Must be 3M Work Center Supervisor qualified;
- Must have familiarity with basic technical and administration policies, procedures, and practices.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite programs;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.