GVB Is searching for a Human Resources Manager. The preferred candidate will be located in Central Oregon within commuting distance of Grass Valley, Oregon. GVB offers full Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, a competitive salary and great growth opportunity.
Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts, and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Knowledge of laws against sexual harassment
- Knowledge of Oregon Employment law is a MUST
- Familiar with Nevada Employment Law preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with Human Resource Management Systems a must
- PHR certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
Why Work Here?GVB Biopharma is a vertically integrated, global leader in the ever-growing hemp industry. GVB operates two state-of-the-art facilities: a 30,000-square-foot food-grade hemp processing facility in Central Oregon and a 40,000-square-foot white-label consumer product manufacturing facility in Las Vegas, Nevada. GVB also has sales and general administrative offices in California and Colorado.
Competitive Salary and room to grow!
The Dalles, OR