Maintenance Technician/Make Ready/Grounds
GVA Property Management Clarksville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FUEL YOUR SUCCESS! If you have dynamic customer service skills, build and sell value, make a positive impact on people, and are looking to make a difference, apply with GVA Property Management today! Employees are offered development opportunities to help advance their careers and strengthen the pipeline of our future leaders.
In coordination with the Community Director and Service Manager the Maintenance Technician/ Make Ready primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner and according to Community Manager's timetable. The Maintenance Technician/ Make Ready will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Manager. The Maintenance Technician/ Make Ready will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA and Fair Housing, etc.
Routinely performs the following duties in order to restore the apartment to "make ready" status:
- Lends assistance during trash out of the apartment.
- Checks all lights and replaces when necessary.
- Replaces or repairs windows, screens, and hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, mirrors and interior and exterior doors and locks.
- Checks appliances and informs Service Manager of problems.
- Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
- Makes keys when necessary and changes locks at time of move in.
- Checks all plumbing fixtures and repairs/replaces when necessary. Replaces washers when needed.
- Assists with painting duties when necessary, transfers paint from storage areas to apartments.
- Repairs or replaces mini blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- Repairs holes in walls, paints as necessary.
- Changes a/c filters and informs Service Manager of any problems with operation.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and maintenance materials; weekly inform the Service Manager of shortages.
- Be aware of all utility meter shut - offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs and sewer clean outs.
- Assist maintenance with service requests if needed.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Delivers notices to apartments.
- Ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Service Manager, Community Manager or Property Supervisor.
Position requires at least 1 years' experience in property management or equivalent field.
40 hours per week which may include weekends and holidays. Overtime must be approved by your supervisor prior to working over 40 hours.
At GVA we are driven to provide a company culture that promotes teamwork, growth and work/life balance. We are committed to creating a fun and productive place to work - as a company that celebrates diversity, promotes innovative thinking, offers development and career advancement opportunities. We are a rapidly growing company that owns and manages our assets. Due to the fact, there are not many corporate layers, planning and execution occur quickly, feedback and involvement in the decision-process are encouraged and team involvement is appreciated simply put, at GVA you have a voice. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Reach out to us today and see how a career at GVA is the right fit for you. EOE
GVA Property Management
Real EstateView all jobs at GVA Property Management