Senior Food Scientist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Company & Culture:
At GT’s Living Foods, LLC, we’ve stayed true to the authentic brewing process for over 25 years. Our #1 selling Kombucha is raw, organic, naturally effervescent, and handcrafted in small batches – always cultured, never compromised. We’re proud to remain a family-owned & operated company. As our GT’s family continues to grow, we are deeply humbled and sincerely grateful for every moment of this journey with you.
- Experience: 6-8 years of Food Science experience, or equivalent education
- Education: Master’s Degree in Food Science or a related field is preferred
The Sr. Food Scientist is responsible for management of current products and development of new products within the GT’s Living Foods portfolio from concept to commercialization, including formula creation, calculating cost/value, conducting product trials and process validations, shelf life sensory and stability testing, and partners with our compliance team to ensure certifications are up to date. This role interfaces directly with the CEO/Founder, the Beverage Artist, Operations: Production/Quality teams, and other cross-functional teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead microbiology & biochemistry research efforts in the areas of Food & Beverage fermentation (Kombucha, Kefir, etc.) and cultured probiotic yogurts (unpasteurized, coconut), from lab to commercialization
- Ability to conduct taste testing on products containing live/active cultures & botanicals which may or may not be GRAS certified
- Ability to scale-up benchtop R&D samples to larger live production runs that align with our processes
- Ability to set quality spec standards from raw ingredients to finish production to ensure all batches have a consistent set of release standards, which are maintained during the shelf-life of the product
- Able to support all phases of at times highly time-sensitive projects including conception & initiation, planning, execution, performance monitoring, and project close.
- Must me self-motivated and able to work independently, and possess strong decision-making skills
- Ability to tailor communications approach based on the situation
- Detail-oriented: quality and precision-focused
- Ability to physically conduct benchtop product development duties, including lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Previous Food & Beverage Fermentation experience/education is preferred
- Previous Cultured Probiotic Yogurt experience/education is preferred
GT’s Employee Experience (Benefits/Perks):
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- 401K with Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on the amazing GT’s product line
- Corporate Discounts with our partners thru LifeMart (concert & sporting event tickets, cell phone service, gifts, restaurants, hotels, gyms, childcare, and more!)
- Others: on-site corporate gym, food trucks every weekday, and quarterly employee appreciation events
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday
- Work Attire: Use good judgment, keeping in mind the nature of their work, their own safety and the safety of others, and their need to interact with the public.
GT's Living Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
In order to maintain a safe work environment, employees will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination on their first day of employment. All religious, medical or other requests for exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis during an interactive process with Human Resources.
At GT’s Living Foods, LLC, we’ve stayed true to the authentic brewing process for over 25 years. Our #1 selling Kombucha is raw, organic, naturally effervescent, and handcrafted in small batches – always cultured, never compromised. We’re proud to remain a family owned & operated company. As our GT’s family continues to grow, we are deeply humbled and sincerely grateful for every moment of this journey with you.
GT's Living Foods
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at GT's Living Foods
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?