Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
Company & Culture:
At GT’s Living Foods, LLC, we’ve stayed true to the authentic brewing process for over 25 years. Our #1 selling Kombucha is raw, organic, naturally effervescent, and handcrafted in small batches – always cultured, never compromised. We’re proud to remain a family-owned & operated company. As our GT’s family continues to grow, we are deeply humbled and sincerely grateful for every moment of this journey with you.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Payroll & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (required)
- Certified Payroll Professional Certificate (preferred)
- Bilingual in English & Spanish (required)
- Proficient Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (required)
- Proficient in using ERP systems (required), D365 (preferred)
- Proficient in ADP & SharePoint (preferred)
The Manager of Payroll & Benefits is responsible for managing all aspects of employee payroll and benefits, including but not limited to payroll processing and compliance, and administration of company benefits plans including medical, dental, vision & 401k. Responsible for payroll, FLSA and wage & hour compliance, and timely reporting to internal partners and external agencies. Additionally, this role is a primary contact and liaison between Risk & Safety, Employee Relations and Legal for managing the Medical Accommodation and the Leave of Absence processes. Key responsibilities of the Payroll & Benefits Manager role include:
- Responsible for Wellness Campaigns for the employee population and managing the Communicable Diseases Process at GTLF, including managing the quarantine process in partnership with Senior Management.
- Manages regulatory compliance of Retirement (Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1971 – ERISA).
- Creates and updates Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs Audits and provides feedback to management.
- Ensures timely completion of all payroll tax reporting requirements and issuance of W-2s.
- Coordinates Third Party Administrators and serves as the primary liaison with our Benefits and 401k Brokers as well as primary liaison with ADP, Business Filings and Licenses.
- Facilitates and delivers compliance training as well as creates and develops training content for New Hire Orientation presentations.
- Manages projects that support paperless (electronic) processes for payroll record keeping and open enrollment, benefits renewal and other special projects to include Employee Recognition and Culture (engagement drivers).
- Provides coaching, feedback and addresses performance concerns, drives accountability for results, and makes recommendations for disciplinary action and promotions for direct reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong decision-making ability and consistently demonstrates sound judgment
- Organized; ability to multi-task and prioritize competing priorities & meets deadlines
- Knowledgeable of Federal, State and local laws on Wage & Hour, FLSA, Benefits (Affordable Care Act) and 401k (ERISA)
- Attention to detail; passion for accuracy
- Demonstrates sound problem-solving skills with an emphasis on proactive solutions
- Process focused with an ability to improve and refine existing service levels
- Customer service-centric; seeks to provide highest level of service to employees
- Communicates effectively across diverse audiences
- Builds effective relationships across departments in
GT’s Employee Experience (Benefits/Perks):
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD Life & Disability
- 401K with Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on the amazing GT’s product line
- Corporate Discounts with our partners thru LifeMart (concert & sporting event tickets, cell phone service, gifts, restaurants, hotels, gyms, childcare, and more!)
- Others: on-site corporate gym, food trucks every weekday, and quarterly employee appreciation events
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, business hours, require flexible scheduling to include late nights, early mornings & holidays
- Work Attire: Use good judgment, keeping in mind the nature of their work, their safety and the safety of others, and their need to interact with the public.
GT's Living Foods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
In order to maintain a safe work environment, employees will be required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination on their first day of employment. All religious, medical or other requests for exemption will be considered on a case-by-case basis during an interactive process with Human Resources
At GT’s Living Foods, LLC, we’ve stayed true to the authentic brewing process for over 25 years. Our #1 selling Kombucha is raw, organic, naturally effervescent, and handcrafted in small batches – always cultured, never compromised. We’re proud to remain a family owned & operated company. As our GT’s family continues to grow, we are deeply humbled and sincerely grateful for every moment of this journey with you.
GT's Living Foods
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at GT's Living Foods
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?