RTMDS Qualification and Integration Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The RTMDS Qualification and Integration Engineer are technical experts working in an agile framework with responsibility for the tuning, configuration, and automated testing of the RTMDS system to meet the overall requirements of functionality, performance, resilience, and availability.
- Location: Hybrid Virtual Office Environment
- Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with a competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise, and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Real-Time Managed Distribution Service (RTMDS) is one of the strategically important technologies used to deliver this information to a global customer base. The RTMDS Qualification and Integration Architects are technical experts working in an agile framework with responsibility for the tuning, configuration, and automated testing of the RTMDS system to meet the overall requirements of functionality, performance, resilience, and availability.
- The role requires in-depth hands-on experience with real-time data financial data, TREP and related APIs, WAN and LAN technologies, and automated test and deployment and methodologies. The successful candidate will have a proven record of system design, testing, and troubleshooting and is likely to be technically inquisitive with a passion and aptitude for understanding, tuning, and improving the performance of applications and systems.
- Develop and maintain a high degree of technical expertise in RTMDS technology and especially TREP.
- Establish yourself as key contact for in-depth technical questions and consultation.
- Design test plans to support technical assessments and decisions and write and/or collaborate with other team members to automate tests in a continuous integration framework.
- Undertake the detailed configuration and automated testing of the RTMDS systems to ensure they satisfy the requirements of the design of the overall system.
- This includes all important aspects of the operation including functionality, capacity, performance, and resilience.
- Liaison with internal and external suppliers to investigate and resolve issues identified during test cycles.
- The RTMDS Qualification and Integration Engineer will work with Architects to undertake the evaluation of new technology, tools, and techniques and make recommendations regarding suitability and benefit for RTMDS.
- Establish and operate an automated integration and test framework to ensure new component versions can be tested and deployed to the RTMDS estate quickly and without incurring service risk.
- When required assist with complex incident investigations to help identify problems and actions to restore service.
- Act as a consultant for follow-up problem investigations.
- Collaborate with Our Client Real-Time and Service Engineers to develop design standards for global deployment.
- Assess new RTMDS features and use cases for operational use.
- Plan and design monitoring utilities and collaborate with operations staff to create effective test plans and service and support models.
- Transfer knowledge of new features and applications to the operational staff who will deploy and support them.
- Act as an escalation point for subsequent questions or problems.
- Collaborate with ERT and Service architects to plan the integration of new features and functionality into the operational environments
Skills and Competencies
- An in-depth and hands-on knowledge of TREP and other technologies used in RTMDS is essential. This includes hardware, O/S, networking, comms, applications (especially TREP), real-time data, and financial technology. The technology utilized is changing rapidly so the ability to constantly refresh and update knowledge is essential.
- Working knowledge of installation, configuration, and use of ITRS Geneos in an enterprise-wide TREP environment and a view on current systems monitoring tooling.
- An inquisitive problem solver with a passion and aptitude for understanding and improving technical systems.
- Analytical, organized, and systematic. Able to devise and automate tests, record results, analyze data and draw conclusions.
- Ability and willingness to actively share knowledge and insights at appropriate levels.
- This is especially important when passing recommendations to managers or training operational staff in the details of a new system.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a virtual environment and a globally distributed team.
- Automated test and application deployment experience.
Education / Experience
- Degree in computer science or related technology or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of hands-on experience with TREP in an operational or advanced support environment.
- Desirable experience as a user of TREP and real-time technology in a client organization.
- Automated test and deployment tools in a global production environment
- Experience working in agile delivery organizations.
Engineer Project Scope:
- Support bespoke ADS+ onboardings
- Inventory creation for customer onboarding
- Writing Release Notes for inventory changes
- Help to free up Q&I engineering resources for creating templates and support the Acuna team in developing new product features like
- Direct Feeds
- Additional ADS+ patterns (64-item list)
- RTDS software release testing
- Support new site builds (RTMDS Level 3 support)
About The Company:
- Our client is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure. With $6.25 billion in revenue, over 40,000 customers, and 400,000 end-users across 190 countries, the company is powering participants across the global financial marketplace. They provide information, insights, and technology that enable customers to execute critical investing, trading, and risk decisions with confidence. By combining a unique open platform with best-in-class data and expertise, they connect people to choice and opportunity – driving performance, innovation, and growth for our customers and partners.
- Working with our client you will get the level of influence and opportunity that you’d have at a startup, combined with the large-scale impact of working at a global company. Send us your resume today to Client the teams you could join and the roles you could play.
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at GTT, LLC