Location: Albany, NY
Position Type: 2.5 Year Contract
Hourly / Salary: BOE
Residency Status: US Citizen, Green Card Holder, H1' s
- Responsible for guiding he technical design for new development and system enhancements.
- Responsible for coordinating the technical solutions among various technical support groups.
- Presentations of technical solutions to management and technical support areas.
- Responsible for implementing technical solutions.
- Guiding requirements gathering sessions.
- Guiding the analysis of requirements and system design work.
- Development of technical design documents and program specifications.
- Coding, unit and integration testing of programming assignments. Writing and tuning SQL
- 7+ years of expert experience in the following:
- Specializes in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems.
- Assesses the suitability of information systems in terms of their intended outcomes and liaises with end users, software vendors and programmers in order to achieve these outcomes.
- Uses analysis and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology.
- Serves as change agent, who identifies the organizational improvements needed, designs systems to implement those changes and trains and motivates others to use the systems.
- Able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 7 years of experience with a Government Taxation organization which includes technical design, development, maintenance and end user support of Tax Accounting Systems.
- 7 years of experience in the following:
- COBOL programming in an IBM Mainframe Environment
- IBM MQ-Series
- IBM DB2 working with complex databases architecture
- IBM MVS JCL in an mainframe environment
- IDMS/DMLO in a mainframe environment
- TSO (Terminal Sharing Option) in a mainframe environment
- CICS/APS in a mainframe environment
- System analysis and design experience for multi-tiered transactional systems
- Writing technical design specification documents for multifaceted component based systems